Bayern Munich - pre match discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maldeika said:
Bayern did not have a great match today either - but like very often in that matches they won by a Müller goal. I guess that Guardiola would have subbed more than three players today if he could have - there were some that played like they drank all night... He ended substituting Robben and Schweinsteiger and a minute later Kroos passed to Shaqiri passed to Ribery passed to Müller and they had the 1:0 that they kept until the end.

Was hard work - I saw the running data and especially Ribery, Alaba and Müller had a lot of fast runs and sprints and a high mileage - but this three can do that twice a week and the match is Wednesday not Tuesday.

It is not clear how Guardiola will play Wednesday. He for sure will play with a Lahm-Schweinsteiger-Kroos central midfield. Ribery on the left wing, Mandzukic as striker. The right winger position is very difficult. Müller had three goals and two assists in the last three matches (in the first one he was subbed in) - and he somehow assists and scores goals whenever he plays right winger (the no. 8 position in Guardiola's system ain't really ideal for him) whereas he substituted Robben twice in the last three matches and did not start him Wednesday. Both are big match players. Both are in good form.

So - I guess Robben or Müller is the big question.

Neuer
Rafinha - Boateng - Dante - Alaba
Lahm
Robben/Müller - Schweinsteiger - Kroos - Ribery
Mandzukic

Everything else would be very surprising.

Do Bayern fans fear any of our players or us as a team mate, or are we still seen as a walkover?

After beating the rags I was in a fantastic mood and was dying for us to play the European champions........then we played Villa.

Nuff said!

I reallly don't know which City will turn up now (I suppose it's exciting though, having to guess which one).

Eaglechief said:
After beating the rags I was in a fantastic mood and was dying for us to play the European champions........then we played Villa.

Nuff said!

I reallly don't know which City will turn up now (I suppose it's exciting though, having to guess which one).

Therein lies the problem, no consistancey.

I suppose when we win we shouldn't get too ecstatic and go overboard, and conversely when we lose we shouldn't get to down. Easy to say and hard to do. I'm pissed off at this moment in time.

The players will give 100% I'm pretty sure and work really hard for a result. Whether that'll be enough, we'll see. In the end, Bayern are currently a better team than us, but we're good enough to get a home result if we play to our maximum potential. Pep vs. Pellegrini tactical battle will be interesting.

sam-caddick said:
Maldeika said:
Bayern did not have a great match today either - but like very often in that matches they won by a Müller goal. I guess that Guardiola would have subbed more than three players today if he could have - there were some that played like they drank all night... He ended substituting Robben and Schweinsteiger and a minute later Kroos passed to Shaqiri passed to Ribery passed to Müller and they had the 1:0 that they kept until the end.

Was hard work - I saw the running data and especially Ribery, Alaba and Müller had a lot of fast runs and sprints and a high mileage - but this three can do that twice a week and the match is Wednesday not Tuesday.

It is not clear how Guardiola will play Wednesday. He for sure will play with a Lahm-Schweinsteiger-Kroos central midfield. Ribery on the left wing, Mandzukic as striker. The right winger position is very difficult. Müller had three goals and two assists in the last three matches (in the first one he was subbed in) - and he somehow assists and scores goals whenever he plays right winger (the no. 8 position in Guardiola's system ain't really ideal for him) whereas he substituted Robben twice in the last three matches and did not start him Wednesday. Both are big match players. Both are in good form.

So - I guess Robben or Müller is the big question.

Neuer
Rafinha - Boateng - Dante - Alaba
Lahm
Robben/Müller - Schweinsteiger - Kroos - Ribery
Mandzukic

Everything else would be very surprising.

Do Bayern fans fear any of our players or us as a team mate, or are we still seen as a walkover?

Is their something between fear and walkover? Because I think that Bayern has to fear nobody. Fear is the wrong word. Your team is a very good team.

But everybody knows that it will get a difficult match that can go to both sides. If Bayern plays their best with the normal luck I guess they will win - but if they do not they will get difficulties.

Eaglechief said:

Nuff said!

The home version will turn up, so I'm optimistic.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
Eaglechief said:

Nuff said!

The home version will turn up, so I'm optimistic.

I really hope so, but Bayern's player's really do scare me.

We could just as easily win the game 2-1 or get thrashed out of sight, if we defend like we did against Villa and Cardiff.

I don't know why most posters are afraid from Bayern Munich !

City have better CBs (Kompany & Nastasic) , CMs ( Yaya & Fernandinho) and 4 better Forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.