Bayern Munich - pre match discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really can't wait. We have nothing to lose in this game. No one expects us to win although no one would rule it out either. On our day we can beat anyone and I fancy us to win on Wednesday.

mansour's tow ropes said:
our problem is not turning up against lesser teams, or in todays case not finishing them off. Against the top teams its always different, particularly at home. still take a point I think though

Pretty much right, but at home, against anyone, I would never take a point.

I find it interesting that Klopp last year, away to City said:'that was the best he had ever seen his team play.'

We can beat anyone at home.....anyone.

We are due these after the terrible defending "cheating" when we weren't given the 2 penalties in the famous Tevez match.

If any team gets more than the scum it is Munich!

I would start Micah and watch him tear a new one, would love Boateng to see red in first ten minutes!

3v0 City

davymcfc said:
Really can't wait. We have nothing to lose in this game. No one expects us to win although no one would rule it out either. On our day we can beat anyone and I fancy us to win on Wednesday.
Errh! Speak for yourself. I expect us to win. 2-0 would be my margin. This Bayern team hasn't gelled either, so they are not special yet. So if we can't beat them this early in the season at home, then we have no chance of winning the CL. We should be a contender, and anyone coming here should be losing.

Besides, we owe those Bayern Fuks!

My team for this:

------------------------Hart-----------------------
Richards ---Vinny-------Nastasic----Clichy
----------------Yaya-------Rodwell--------------
Silva--------------Aguero----------------Nasri
--------------------Negredo---------------------

For me, we can't be too intimidated by the quality Bayern obviously possess, but we also can't just go all out and play a fully offensive team. With that in mind I think we can only afford to play one of Kolarov/Richards due to the fact they both can be found wanting defensively, although Micah on his day can be fantastic, which is why I've gone with him. Clichy will hopefully be solid on the left but he could well be up against Robben, who incidentally Micah has said is the best winger he's ever played against. The next contentious decision in some people's mind will be whether to stick or twist with Nastasic after todays game, I think we should keep the faith with him just simply because he's a class defender and these kind of games are the one's you want a settled centre back partnership to be playing in. I picked Rodwell to play alongside Yaya for fairly selfish reasons as I personally rate him very highly and think he deserves more game time, what bigger stage to give him the chance to go out there and prove himself? I think he has the potential to become on of ours and England's best. The wingers or attacking midfielders is a tricky one but as I saw someone post earlier, Bayern are a Pep guardiola team and they're going to want to keep the ball, so it's vital that when we have the ball we keep it and don't give it away stupidly. That's why I think we shouldn't start with an out and out winger but perhaps bring Navas on against fading legs. The Strike partnership was a fairly easy one for me, I've not seen enough of Jovetic to say he warrants a place in a game as big as this so we should play our 2 best forwards at the moment, that for me is Negredo and Aguero. Aguero for obvious reasons and Negredo as he can win and hold the ball up a lot better than Dzeko can, which will be vital against a team of Bayerns stature.

It's by no means going to be an easy task on Wednesday, but if we play half as well as we did against United we definitely have a chance of taking all three points. Come on City!

They still haven't clicked completely under Guardiola, were much more frightening last year.

Top game from City can produce good result. I'd take draw though but at home and being best as possible, City can beat anyone. But it's consistency that is problem of this team, not the quality.

Results like Saturday's one don't make one extremely confident. I wasn't even before Plzen game so hopefully it will came as good as that one.

Puppet Master Silva said:
My team for this:

------------------------Hart-----------------------
Richards ---Vinny-------Nastasic----Clichy
----------------Yaya-------Rodwell--------------
Silva--------------Aguero----------------Nasri
--------------------Negredo---------------------

For me, we can't be too intimidated by the quality Bayern obviously possess, but we also can't just go all out and play a fully offensive team. With that in mind I think we can only afford to play one of Kolarov/Richards due to the fact they both can be found wanting defensively, although Micah on his day can be fantastic, which is why I've gone with him. Clichy will hopefully be solid on the left but he could well be up against Robben, who incidentally Micah has said is the best winger he's ever played against. The next contentious decision in some people's mind will be whether to stick or twist with Nastasic after todays game, I think we should keep the faith with him just simply because he's a class defender and these kind of games are the one's you want a settled centre back partnership to be playing in. I picked Rodwell to play alongside Yaya for fairly selfish reasons as I personally rate him very highly and think he deserves more game time, what bigger stage to give him the chance to go out there and prove himself? I think he has the potential to become on of ours and England's best. The wingers or attacking midfielders is a tricky one but as I saw someone post earlier, Bayern are a Pep guardiola team and they're going to want to keep the ball, so it's vital that when we have the ball we keep it and don't give it away stupidly. That's why I think we shouldn't start with an out and out winger but perhaps bring Navas on against fading legs. The Strike partnership was a fairly easy one for me, I've not seen enough of Jovetic to say he warrants a place in a game as big as this so we should play our 2 best forwards at the moment, that for me is Negredo and Aguero. Aguero for obvious reasons and Negredo as he can win and hold the ball up a lot better than Dzeko can, which will be vital against a team of Bayerns stature.

It's by no means going to be an easy task on Wednesday, but if we play half as well as we did against United we definitely have a chance of taking all three points. Come on City!
There is no justification for starting Rodwell. 1) He was poor and rusty in his last start, and 2) he just got back from injury, Thus, the likelihood that he is still rusty is very high.

I'd go with your fullbacks. Micah and Clichy. Kompany and Nasty are the best CDs we currently have. Both were poor today, but will still start both. Yaya and Fernandihno in midfield (even though the game today would have sucked some energy from both- Especially Yaya). Nasri and Navas on the wings, and Aguero, Jovetic up top.

Silva and Negredo on the bench as the likely subs. With Rodwell ready to replace Yaya around minute 70.

MillionDollarDream said:
Plaything of the gods said:
__________________Hart

Zabaleta____Kompany__Lescott____Clichy

_____Fernandinho___Yaya____Nasri

________Navas___________Aguero

________________Negredo

I'd swap out Zabaleta for Richards but otherwise, this. I don't want to see Nasty for a couple of games after today.

What about David if he is fit?

NQCitizen said:
Remember Gotze tearing us apart last year...

(Always thought Napoli were better than Dortmund though)

I disagree mate, I have never seen a team other than that Dortmund side tear City apart like that before! At home as well!

It was the night Joe Hart started getting everyone saying he was the best in the world etc.. Without him it could if been 4, 5, 6 -0! Name the score in fact!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.