Bayern Munich - pre match discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
daxman said:
Jimfv1 said:
I hope Richards starts at right back instead of Zaba. As much as I like Zabaleta I think Richards would give any winger problems with his physique. Robben won't like going up against him at all, but Ribery against Richards would be a great battle. If Richards can hold them back on the right and link up with Navas then we should get some joy on the right wing.

The added bonus is that Zabaleta should be raring to go against Everton on Saturday lunchtime. Everton are still a good side, but they now play a bit more like us, which in a strange way should give us a better chance of beating them. Their run has to come to an end soon, and despite them beating Newcastle last night, this was as much to do with Newcastle being poor as it was Everton being that good.

A draw or a 2-1 win for City tonight would be a decent result, then beat Everton 3-1 on Saturday.

I think Everton is a pretty good team, and not too far off the top 6. I am more worried about that game than this one.

Everton are a top team right now because Lukaku and Barkley are firing and look to have an excellent understanding already. However their midfield without Barry is going to struggle to contain us although we'll have to be very wary of them on the break. Personally I think it'll be a very different contest to the kind we faced when Moyes was in charge there.

Ric said:
bondsman said:
My worry is that other than kompany aguero and yaya I'm not sure any off our players would get in their best 11!! That tells you how tough this will be. Though two years ago we should have been 2 up at their place but for bent refereeing

None of Villa's players would get in our best XI, but they still beat us.

We're unbeaten at home in the Champions League. Admittedly that's only six games, four of which were draws (a couple of which were fortuitous) but some people are writing us off as though we have no chance of getting a result. It will be difficult, of course, but there's no reason why we can't get something out of the game.
No doubt we can get a result. We have a world class spine with Vinnie, Yaya, Kun, and of course the player that Micah said is the best player he has ever played with - David Silva. If Merlin is fit he will go straight back into the team, of that I am sure.

This is the type of game where we are genuine outsiders. No one other than City fans expects us to get a result. In that sense we can take a free swing at them. Remember the pressure is all on them. They are the reigning champs and they are expected to get a result.

All of this can work in our favour. It's time to believe again!

The CL youth version of City v Bayern is live on Eurosport at 3 tomorrow, a nice little addition to the build up.

BillyShears said:
Very different to the Celtic/Borisov results though. City have relatively speaking the same quality as Bayern. It'll be a very tough game for you because we're a top team.

Of course, I was simply using them as examples that if results like those two can happen then anything is possible, I wasn't claiming for a moment that City are only on a level with Borisov or Celtic.<br /><br />-- Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:53 am --<br /><br />
pee dubya said:
The CL youth version of City v Bayern is live on Eurosport at 3 tomorrow, a nice little addition to the build up.

I must admit I didn't even know we were in it !

My concern for this match is they have a lot of players who can play between the lines. That's something we're not very well equipped to deal with until we've fully adapted to the high pressing game Pellegrini wants. I think we're good enough going forward to hurt them, I'm just not sure we'll get the chance.

bayern team coach loading players at manchester airport right now.
lovely looking coach yet they let franc ribery on it ?

madferret said:

He gets the back seat too, cos he's European footballer of the year ;-)

Kicker has Robben to start and Müller on the bench.

bayern blade said:
madferret said:

He gets the back seat too, cos he's European footballer of the year ;-)

Kicker has Robben to start and Müller on the bench.

Is Pep still persisting with Lahm in defensive midfield?

Getting increasingly nervous, will be relieved when the kick off actually takes place, so that I can stop fretting about the result.

The more I read about their tactic of dominating the midfield and "playing between the lines" etc the more apprehensive I've become about how our manager will approach this game.

If we play a conservative/slightly defensive minded game then I think we could get a draw, but if we play the attacking high pressing game, we will get exposed defensively and they are more than good enough to convert their chances into goals.

So I've now changed my thoughts from edging a win by 1 goal, to a score draw (1-1 or 2-2) or a defeat (1-2 or 1-3).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.