Bayern Munich - pre match discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
cleavers said:
Maybe its just me, but I don't get the same feeling of impending doom about this game as some people seem to have.

We're good at home, and Bayern aren't as good as they were, I don't think we should fear them, respect them yes, but fear them no we shoulodn't.

I think we are more than capable of winning the game, need to start well, defend well, and most importantly take our chances. I hope we can avoid losing because it will put pressure on the 2 games against CSKA, but a defeat won't be a disaster, unless its a heavy one obviously.

I gave up predicting City a long time ago, but I see no reason why we shouldn't go into the game with conficence.
Some on here get the impending doom feeling whoever we play! If we play like we know we can play and concentrate for the whole game we are more than a match for any team

Hungdaddy said:
can we get a pint at city square on wens?

-- Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:21 pm --

-- Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:21 pm --

That's 3 pints.

Yes , I believe.

sam-caddick said:
abu13 said:
Rammy Blue said:
Does anyone know if Merlin trained today?
I hope so but there I no way that I would start with him, play Nasri and brin Silva on after 70 minutes, we need player who are fully fit and match sharp.

I agree, he has been out nearly a month now hasn't he? You can't start him against Bayern after being out that long, plus Nasri has been in great form recently.

Navas should play on the other wing as his pace and directness has brought something we haven't had in the past few seasons and in my opinion he has improved the first XI.

If Silva was close to full fitness wouldn't he have been on the bench on Saturday, with the intention giving him 20mins?

I think it will be the same starting 11 as against United.

My worry is that other than kompany aguero and yaya I'm not sure any off our players would get in their best 11!! That tells you how tough this will be. Though two years ago we should have been 2 up at their place but for bent refereeing

bondsman said:
My worry is that other than kompany aguero and yaya I'm not sure any off our players would get in their best 11!! That tells you how tough this will be. Though two years ago we should have been 2 up at their place but for bent refereeing

None of Villa's players would get in our best XI, but they still beat us.

We're unbeaten at home in the Champions League. Admittedly that's only six games, four of which were draws (a couple of which were fortuitous) but some people are writing us off as though we have no chance of getting a result. It will be difficult, of course, but there's no reason why we can't get something out of the game.

Ric said:
bondsman said:

We're unbeaten at home in the Champions League. Admittedly that's only six games, four of which were draws (a couple of which were fortuitous) but some people are writing us off as though we have no chance of getting a result. It will be difficult, of course, but there's no reason why we can't get something out of the game.

Player for player there's not many positions they have the edge in when you take into account their injuries.

I hope Richards starts at right back instead of Zaba. As much as I like Zabaleta I think Richards would give any winger problems with his physique. Robben won't like going up against him at all, but Ribery against Richards would be a great battle. If Richards can hold them back on the right and link up with Navas then we should get some joy on the right wing.

The added bonus is that Zabaleta should be raring to go against Everton on Saturday lunchtime. Everton are still a good side, but they now play a bit more like us, which in a strange way should give us a better chance of beating them. Their run has to come to an end soon, and despite them beating Newcastle last night, this was as much to do with Newcastle being poor as it was Everton being that good.

A draw or a 2-1 win for City tonight would be a decent result, then beat Everton 3-1 on Saturday.

Ric said:

True, anything can happen in a one off game, we all know that. Look at Celtic beating Barcelona, or Bayern last season losing away to Borisov before going on to win the cup. Away at City is hardly going to be easy.

bayern blade said:
Ric said:

True, anything can happen in a one off game, we all know that. Look at Celtic beating Barcelona, or Bayern last season losing away to Borisov before going on to win the cup. Away at City is hardly going to be easy.

Very different to the Celtic/Borisov results though. City have relatively speaking the same quality as Bayern. It'll be a very tough game for you because we're a top team.

Jimfv1 said:
I hope Richards starts at right back instead of Zaba. As much as I like Zabaleta I think Richards would give any winger problems with his physique. Robben won't like going up against him at all, but Ribery against Richards would be a great battle. If Richards can hold them back on the right and link up with Navas then we should get some joy on the right wing.

The added bonus is that Zabaleta should be raring to go against Everton on Saturday lunchtime. Everton are still a good side, but they now play a bit more like us, which in a strange way should give us a better chance of beating them. Their run has to come to an end soon, and despite them beating Newcastle last night, this was as much to do with Newcastle being poor as it was Everton being that good.

A draw or a 2-1 win for City tonight would be a decent result, then beat Everton 3-1 on Saturday.

I think Everton is a pretty good team, and not too far off the top 6. I am more worried about that game than this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.