Bayern Munich - pre match discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are more than capable of getting a win at home. Our best is right up there, with the best in Europe. Its just making sure the players are switched on from the get go.

moomba said:
It'll be such a big statement if we can get a result here. I know we've beaten them a few years back, and drew with Madrid last year but on both occasion the opposition had qualified or close to it. I think we can do it.

The team 2 years ago that played in Manchester was a B-team. Kroos, Schweinsteiger, Robben were injured or sick and stayed in Munich, Müller, Ribery, Gomez, Lahm and Neuer warmed the bench. Some of the players that played that match left Munich already as they have not been good enough. The only regulars in that match were the two central defenders.

An Alaba made his first steps in the first team then and usually was the first substitute or started in Cup matches.

Butt (retired) -
Rafinha (second right full back) ,
J. Boateng ,
Badstuber (injured) ,
Contento (second left full back) -
Tymoshchuk (left for St. Petersburg) ,
Luiz Gustavo (left for Wolfsburg) -
Alaba (left full back) ,
Pranjic (left for Sporting - as much as I know is without a club right now),
Olic (left for Wolfsburg) -
Petersen (left for Bremen)

pee dubya said:
bayern blade said:
pee dubya said:
The CL youth version of City v Bayern is live on Eurosport at 3 tomorrow, a nice little addition to the build up.

I must admit I didn't even know we were in it !
Its actually quite as good set up, although they stole the idea from NextGen and elbowed them out the way. Basically the youth teams follow the exact same schedule as the senior side, except they play earlier in the day. So the young players get to travel out with the senior team, stay around and watch the matches. Must be a great experience for them, and giving them a littler taster of CL football, maybe drive them on to try and reach that level themselves.

Its good for us, although its a bit unfair on those clubs with better youth teams that are excluded because the senior team hasn't qualified.

Maldeika said:
moomba said:
It'll be such a big statement if we can get a result here. I know we've beaten them a few years back, and drew with Madrid last year but on both occasion the opposition had qualified or close to it. I think we can do it.

The team 2 years ago that played in Manchester was a B-team. Kroos, Schweinsteiger, Robben were injured or sick and stayed in Munich, Müller, Ribery, Gomez, Lahm and Neuer warmed the bench. Some of the players that played that match left Munich already as they have not been good enough. The only regulars in that match were the two central defenders.

An Alaba made his first steps in the first team then and usually was the first substitute or started in Cup matches.

I think that's Moomba's point ... that you'd already qualified thus it was a weakened team.

It'll be a real cracking game tomorrow night. Like the Madrid games last season. Two sets of top players going at it. Really as a City supporter who's spent most of his adult life dreaming about us playing ties like this, I can't wait.

Maldeika said:
bayern blade said:
pee dubya said:
Its actually quite as good set up, although they stole the idea from NextGen and elbowed them out the way. Basically the youth teams follow the exact same schedule as the senior side, except they play earlier in the day. So the young players get to travel out with the senior team, stay around and watch the matches. Must be a great experience for them, and giving them a littler taster of CL football, maybe drive them on to try and reach that level themselves.

Agreed, it sounds a good idea.

It sounds like a very bad idea. A lot of the Bayern U19s still try to finish school. That should be the most important - the most of them will never play CL on adult level or be able to really live from football all of their lifes. It is just another marketing gag of the UEFA.

The ones that are on "another" level - Julian Green and Höjbjerg do not play U19 anymore. They play in the U23, have a professional contract (Höjbjerg - but I guess Green will get one for the following season, too) and exercise with the first team, go to the training camps with them and mix up with them in the friendlies.

If you look back who made it into the first team - or even into the Bundesliga - of the Bayern U19s it is usually only 1 to 3 every year. The rest plays second or third league or only plays football at amateur level. The ones that made it often already were in the professional team with 17 or 18 - or finished their A-levels before they did.

In that age the young players should exercise a lot and work on their weaknesses, get contact with adult football if they are further than the rest. Work on the basics for their following adult life. Not run from match to regeneration to match to regeneration - or sit the half week in hotels and on flights...

All of the players at the big clubs already had a lot of international experience even before NextGen or now UEFA youth league started. FC Bayern plays a lot of youth tournaments with the other big clubs - but in times when the school schedules allows it. And the players that play for their U teams have that, too.

Well we disagree on that, I'm sure Bayern will look after the schooling and getting this sort of experience playing other top european sides will do their football prospects no harm at all.

bayern blade said:
http://www.kicker.de/ has the sides as follows :

Man City :

Hart

Zabaleta
Kompany
Nastasic
Kolarov

Milner
Fernandinho
Y Toure
Nasri

Dzeko
Aguero

FC Bayern :

Neuer

Rafinha
Boateng
Dante
Alaba

Lahm
Robben
Schweinsteiger
Kroos
Ribery

Mandzukic

+1
I hope they are right. Kicker can hardly afford to write something that important and it end up as not true.
Kicker in NUMBER ONE football newspaper in Germany and has a lot of relaible sources.

I think it'll be a cracking game, and one that we can certainly win. A quick note, Bayern are training at the ground at 6pm if anyone fancies a closer look before the match.

Zlatan said:
+1
I hope they are right. Kicker can hardly afford to write something that important and it end up as not true.
Kicker in NUMBER ONE football newspaper in Germany and has a lot of relaible sources.

Tbf Kicker has the teams as provisional, no one but Pellegrini and Guardiola know which elevens they will be sending out yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.