Bayern Munich - pre match discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to this match even though I can't be there tonight, it's pouring down here on the Fylde coast so if it's not raining in Manchester it should be soon, also feels cooler than of late

Can't understand some of the negativity in this thread sure it's going to be one of the hardest games of the season against one of the best teams in the world but if we play the best we can play we are more than a match for any team

Ducado said:
Looking forward to this match even though I can't be there tonight, it's pouring down here on the Fylde coast so if it's not raining in Manchester it should be soon, also feels cooler than of late

Can't understand some of the negativity in this thread sure it's going to be one of the hardest games of the season against one of the best teams in the world but if we play the best we can play we are more than a match for any team

That last part of your post is the key Ducado.

I honestly don't think we have played the best we can in any game so far this year.

Although no game will be written to the script we would like and every side will have times when they look threatening be it on the counter attack or pressing hard in our third I think we are a long way short of where we can comfortably say we are a real force at home and in Europe to be reckoned with.

The Wigan game was no doubt our most comprehensive performance albeit against mid table championship opposition.

Its important that our defensive qualities lift a couple of gears tonight otherwise we will struggle.

mancity1 said:
Ducado said:

I honestly don't think we have played the best we can in any game so far this year.

Although no game will be written to the script we would like and every side will have times when they look threatening be it on the counter attack or pressing hard in our third I think we are a long way short of where we can comfortably say we are a real force at home and in Europe to be reckoned with.

The Wigan game was no doubt our most comprehensive performance albeit against mid table championship opposition.

Its important that our defensive qualities lift a couple of gears tonight otherwise we will struggle.
I take it you missed the game against United?

You seem to have a real downer on us for some reason in every post you make you are having a go, nothing wrong with that it's a forum when all is said and done, but you have set your stall out now, I just think you are not seeing the full picture, your perspective is different to mine

MotownBlue said:
So to all Blues in the USA...

This match is not on cable television anywhere here in the States, is that correct? I am not finding it anywhere in my cable listings.

foxsoccer.tv should have it live. You have to pay a monthly subscription though.

Ducado said:
mancity1 said:
Ducado said:

You seem to have a real downer on us for some reason in every post you make you are having a go, nothing wrong with that it's a forum when all is said and done, but you have set your stall out now, I just think you are not seeing the full picture, your perspective is different to mine

We were good for large patches of the first half and the first 10 minutes of the second half in that game Ducado.

Fair to say the third goal sealed the points against Manure but we took our foot off the pedal after the fourth.

In this game if we do the same we will be punished much more severely than a stuttering Manure side Ducado.

Contrary to what you might think I am being realistic about where we are at present.

On any given night anything can happen Ducado and naturally I hope we can get something from this game although I don't have much confidence that we will and unlike our last game against Villa the bookies will most likely get this one right.

We are a long way off the likes of Bayern and other sides of similar ilk to them and yes I do firmly believe we have to change a number of things and quickly if we are to get the best we can from this season but until its proved otherwise beyond doubt MP still has a good opportunity to make the most of the opportunity he has been given.

mancity1 said:
Ducado said:
mancity1 said:

We were good for large patches of the first half and the first 10 minutes of the second half in that game Ducado.

Fair to say the third goal sealed the points against Manure but we took our foot off the pedal after the fourth.

In this game if we do the same we will be punished much more severely than a stuttering Manure side Ducado.

Contrary to what you might think I am being realistic about where we are at present.

On any given night anything can happen Ducado and naturally I hope we can get something from this game although I don't have much confidence that we will and unlike our last game against Villa the bookies will most likely get this one right.

We are a long way off the likes of Bayern and other sides of similar ilk to them and yes I do firmly believe we have to change a number of things and quickly if we are to get the best we can from this season but until its proved otherwise beyond doubt MP still has a good opportunity to make the most of the opportunity he has been given.
Your not realistic your just on the wind up just one quick look at your post history is enough

Ducado said:
mancity1 said:
Ducado said:

Your not realistic your just on the wind up just one quick look at your post history is enough

That's just your opinion Ducado , if you scroll over all 8 years you will see I always acknowledge a good performance and give due praise and due criticism where I think its warrented.

On a wind up you say , give us a break Ducado I know you are much better than that.

greasedupdeafguy said:
gmckennasell said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
liverpool in the LC

was that the game , when we rested half a dozen players ? keep up.

-- Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:59 pm --

moomba said:
FC fucking Midgetland then.

in the last 3 to 4 years , no top team has come to our place and beaten us convincingly , and it wont happen on wednesday , come on you blue boys.
Arsenal when they beat us 3-0...... keep up

I think he means in Europe. We haven't lost at home in Europe since the takeover.

Don't do this very often but I have put my money where my mouth is. Tolm predicted 4-2 City win so I decided to hit the bookies. City paying $3.30 for every Aussie dollar to win the game. In a 2 horse race that suits me fine.

Come on Fortress Etihad! 2-1 City.

jollylescott said:
Don't do this very often but I have put my money where my mouth is. Tolm predicted 4-2 City win so I decided to hit the bookies. City paying $3.30 for every Aussie dollar to win the game. In a 2 horse race that suits me fine.

Come on Fortress Etihad! 2-1 City.

The same Tolm that told us we would win the FA Cup final by a record margain last year?

I worry about his predictions I hope he thinks Everton are certs on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.