Bayern Munich - pre match discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am definitely looking forward to the match and I don´t really get the negativity on here either. So far Bayern is far from the form they had on display last season. Sure they win their games, but besides the Schalke game it was far from them dominating as they used to last season.

If City play at the same level as at the derby they can beat every team in the world.

Beer and Chips are ready, comfy Armchair dusted off, can´t wait! Come on City :)

bayern blade said:
mansour's tow ropes said:
Will there be alcohol on sale at the ground?

Not allowed by UEFA at any european games.
Not even in city square? Thought common sense would have prevailed and this rule might have been changed

bayern blade said:
Will there be alcohol on sale at the ground?

Not allowed by UEFA at any european games.
Not even in city square? Thought common sense would have prevailed and this rule might have been changed

Fairly sure they will be serving beer in City Square.

One of the fascinating aspects of the game is who will control possession. Pep seems keen to implement a possession based game, and we know that City like to call the shots at home.

This will have to be one of the games of the season. Pellers was brought in to, in part, deliver improvement in the Champions League. Pep has his own reputation on the line. City have made it clear they are not going to sit back, so look out Bayern your defenders are going to come under pressure (as will the City defence).

What a game! For those going enjoy, whatever happens, and make sure you make yourself heard over those Bayern fans!

jollylescott said:
One of the fascinating aspects of the game is who will control possession. Pep seems keen to implement a possession based game, and we know that City like to call the shots at home.

This will have to be one of the games of the season. Pellers was brought in to, in part, deliver improvement in the Champions League. Pep has his own reputation on the line. City have made it clear they are not going to sit back, so look out Bayern your defenders are going to come under pressure (as will the City defence).

What a game! For those going enjoy, whatever happens, and make sure you make yourself heard over those Bayern fans!

Defenitly think we can beat bayern just worry will be allowed to dictate the central midfield with there 3 to our 2

My missus had a nasty 24 hour bug at weekend. I asked her to make sure that if she was going to pass on to me to do it quickly so that I could get over it before the game. It struck during the night.

jollylescott said:

Absolutely this ... really since our European adventure began this is the game I've most looked forward to because there's just so many subplots and a real sense that both teams will fancy being able to win.

On your question about possession .... lets hope we do better in terms of keeping the ball than we did against Dortmund last season!

From watching Bayern they like to keep the ball and pass and move like Barca did under Pep. The difference is that Bayern's strength is their width with Robben and Ribery. They are the perfect team to soak up pressure (as they did against Barca) and then counter quick and effectively. Technically they are still brilliant all over the pitch but I think we will be able to soak up their possession play as Chelsea did fairly effectively in the Super Cup. It will be interesting to see and the game should be a cracker. It is so hard to call, I think Yaya will blow Lahm to pieces it will look like a Jack Russell nibbling on a giants heel, I am not sure he will be that effective, at wing back he is excellent but not sure he will cope in a defensive midfield role. We shall see. I just hope we don't leave ourselves exposed to the counter attack, if we defend as a unit and play as we do against the rags we can win this game. Just need to stifle their wingers and then I think we have more to offer.

BillyShears said:
jollylescott said:

Absolutely this ... really since our European adventure began this is the game I've most looked forward to because there's just so many subplots and a real sense that both teams will fancy being able to win.

On your question about possession .... lets hope we do better in terms of keeping the ball than we did against Dortmund last season!

Massive night i think for Fernandinho, the kind of night he will hopefully thrive in. We know Bayern will have possession if Pep has put his stamp on the game and fingers crossed i see Fern being instrumental tonight to break that up and set us going forward. Is Silva 100% fit or will it be Nasri, Yaya, Fern and 1 other? Im presuming either Navas or Milner to add some strength and bite in there against there 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.