Bayern Munich - pre match discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zlatan said:
BillyShears said:
willipp said:
Massive night i think for Fernandinho, the kind of night he will hopefully thrive in. We know Bayern will have possession if Pep has put his stamp on the game and fingers crossed i see Fern being instrumental tonight to break that up and set us going forward. Is Silva 100% fit or will it be Nasri, Yaya, Fern and 1 other? Im presuming either Navas or Milner to add some strength and bite in there against there 5.

I think it's almost certain it'll be Nasri/Silva in the wide areas. I agree about Fernandinho and Yaya. Big night for both of them ... the game will be won by the team who takes control of midfield IMO.

I am saying that for 3 day now :). It is the best solution !!!! ( Nasri - Fernandinho - Yaya - Silva )

Puts massive pressure on Yaya and Fern to deal with their midfield 3, but i think they are well capable. Im just not sure with Silva on the right that gives protection against Alaba and Ribbery. Maybe though we give them something to worry about rather than us letting them dictate the game to us.

mancity1 said:
jollylescott said:
Don't do this very often but I have put my money where my mouth is. Tolm predicted 4-2 City win so I decided to hit the bookies. City paying $3.30 for every Aussie dollar to win the game. In a 2 horse race that suits me fine.

Come on Fortress Etihad! 2-1 City.

The same Tolm that told us we would win the FA Cup final by a record margain last year?

I worry about his predictions I hope he thinks Everton are certs on Saturday.

Shock horror, Man City fan thought his £300m team would get the better of a relegated side made up of journeymen, in an FA Cup Final, having taken Chelsea to school in the semi-final and bossed United at Old Trafford.

Who'd have thunk it!!

The clue is in the spelling - prediction.

Good luck with the bet, Jolly ;)

I really hope he plays Richards tonight - I personally thought Zabba was poor on Saturday & I always think we look stronger when we have a 100% fit Micah in the side.

I've not watched Bayern this season but i'm under the impression from reports and things that at times they've been all possession but struggled to break teams down? I think we'll play narrow and compact, let Robben and Ribery do their cutting inside into a packed middle. Let Alaba or Rafinha try and make the overlap or whatever, then counter attack. I like Aguero's chances against Boateng especially.

Be interesting to see if Pellegrini thinks we can control the match (i don't).

And i hope Lahm plays in midfield, i doubt he's had to cope with anyone like Yaya before.

The Blue said:
I really hope he plays Richards tonight - I personally thought Zabba was poor on Saturday & I always think we look stronger when we have a 100% fit Micah in the side.

I'd do similar,Richards' powerful runs will help put their most dangerous players on the backfoot and give them something to think about......

Id also play Milner,simply for his energy and desire,i think he could thrive alongside Fernandinho.

So

Richards--Nasty--Komps--Clichy(if fit!)
------Milner---Fernandinho---------
---Nasri-----Yaya----Aguero-----
-------------Negredo---------------

The Blue said:

Richards and Navas tore Milan to pieces in the first half of the Audi Cup game.

Bets for tonight...?

I can see us beating them, but it'll obviously be close.

Going to go for 2-1.

And Dzeko to score anytime!

tolmie's hairdoo said:
mancity1 said:
jollylescott said:
Don't do this very often but I have put my money where my mouth is. Tolm predicted 4-2 City win so I decided to hit the bookies. City paying $3.30 for every Aussie dollar to win the game. In a 2 horse race that suits me fine.

The same Tolm that told us we would win the FA Cup final by a record margain last year?

Shock horror, Man City fan thought his £300m team would get the better of a relegated side made up of journeymen, in an FA Cup Final, having taken Chelsea to school in the semi-final and bossed United at Old Trafford.

Who'd have thunk it!!

Clue for you Tolmie , Crowded House - Neil Finn<br /><br />-- Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:41 pm --<br /><br />
tolmie's hairdoo said:
mancity1 said:
jollylescott said:

Who'd have thunk it!!

Typical City (LOL).

pee dubya said:
I've not watched Bayern this season but i'm under the impression from reports and things that at times they've been all possession but struggled to break teams down? I think we'll play narrow and compact, let Robben and Ribery do their cutting inside into a packed middle. Let Alaba or Rafinha try and make the overlap or whatever, then counter attack. I like Aguero's chances against Boateng especially.

Be interesting to see if Pellegrini thinks we can control the match (i don't).

And i hope Lahm plays in midfield, i doubt he's had to cope with anyone like Yaya before.

Yes and no, some games it's been like that but the recent games v Schalke and Moscow it was fantastic football, just like Pep's Barcelona. The finished product is not quite there but we are a good side. Then again so are you, should be an end to end game imo. Lahm will play in midfield but he has done it many times before, he is comfortable in the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.