Bayern Munich - pre match discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
willipp said:
BillyShears said:
jollylescott said:
One of the fascinating aspects of the game is who will control possession. Pep seems keen to implement a possession based game, and we know that City like to call the shots at home.

This will have to be one of the games of the season. Pellers was brought in to, in part, deliver improvement in the Champions League. Pep has his own reputation on the line. City have made it clear they are not going to sit back, so look out Bayern your defenders are going to come under pressure (as will the City defence).

What a game! For those going enjoy, whatever happens, and make sure you make yourself heard over those Bayern fans!

Absolutely this ... really since our European adventure began this is the game I've most looked forward to because there's just so many subplots and a real sense that both teams will fancy being able to win.

On your question about possession .... lets hope we do better in terms of keeping the ball than we did against Dortmund last season!

Massive night i think for Fernandinho, the kind of night he will hopefully thrive in. We know Bayern will have possession if Pep has put his stamp on the game and fingers crossed i see Fern being instrumental tonight to break that up and set us going forward. Is Silva 100% fit or will it be Nasri, Yaya, Fern and 1 other? Im presuming either Navas or Milner to add some strength and bite in there against there 5.

I think it's almost certain it'll be Nasri/Silva in the wide areas. I agree about Fernandinho and Yaya. Big night for both of them ... the game will be won by the team who takes control of midfield IMO.

Just like everyone here I don't know what will happen tonight.

We can speculate as much as we want and back up our thoughts with what we consider to be well thought out reasoning but the beautiful game involves so much luck we never know.

Having said that I feel a victory in my stomach and I see Dzeko scoring in my mind.

Is there such a thing as Bosnian flu?

City Forever.

JJ

They like to keep possession but with Javi Martinez and Thiago missing I would suggest they will find that a bit more difficult if we work hard closing them down.

I think if we can get at their back four then we will create a few chances. Hopefully Negredo will start and boss Boateng and Dante. I'm feeling confident that we can get a result and put in a good performance.

If we defend well and play like we know we can then I don't see why we can't take 3 points.

We WILL score. The question is can we concentrate as a team for 90+ minutes. COME ON CITY I'm going 2-1 win :)

wagonman said:
Is there such a thing as Bosnian flu?

Haha ... if there is I must have it because I'm one of the few on here who'd love to see Edin sign a new contract at City and stay for another four years. Top player if infuriating at times ... hope he starts tonight and torments Bayern.

Im not sayin we will lose this match but winning it will be very hard. Although we actually seem good against good teams this season and beyond shite against poor teams

Looking forward to tonight, I reckon the ground will be bouncing.

It will be a bit like the good old days though of going to a match not expecting to win...

In saying that a 2-1 win will do me!!

Just bought a single ticket for my mate and there was nothing on Lev 1 & 2,had to go CB Level 3,will this sell out?

The cost of football nowadays is ridiculous,although City is one of the lower ones I will still be spending £100.00 tonight for me and 2 lads just for tickets.

Me too Mr Shears... I really hope Edin gets a new contract.

Possession possession possession.

I ask a question to those who worship at the altar of possession.

Which team got all three points at Villa last weekend?

JJ

BillyShears said:
willipp said:
BillyShears said:
Absolutely this ... really since our European adventure began this is the game I've most looked forward to because there's just so many subplots and a real sense that both teams will fancy being able to win.

On your question about possession .... lets hope we do better in terms of keeping the ball than we did against Dortmund last season!

Massive night i think for Fernandinho, the kind of night he will hopefully thrive in. We know Bayern will have possession if Pep has put his stamp on the game and fingers crossed i see Fern being instrumental tonight to break that up and set us going forward. Is Silva 100% fit or will it be Nasri, Yaya, Fern and 1 other? Im presuming either Navas or Milner to add some strength and bite in there against there 5.

I think it's almost certain it'll be Nasri/Silva in the wide areas. I agree about Fernandinho and Yaya. Big night for both of them ... the game will be won by the team who takes control of midfield IMO.

I am saying that for 3 day now :). It is the best solution !!!! ( Nasri - Fernandinho - Yaya - Silva )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.