Bayern Munich v City (Tuesday 10 December)

lewis2013 said:
This will be our first trip to europe so im not to sure what prices are good and what arnt. Ive found one which is fly out on monday and return on thursday direct flights, including eurostars grandcentral monday to thurday £329 each me and my mate. Can you tell me if this is good price?
Cheers

Cheaper than I paid for Monday to Wednesday so I'd say yes.

Tim of the Oak said:
kenzie115 said:
frothy said:
me and the missus are staying there sunday-thursday,its about 500 meters from the station and not far from the augustiner bier garden which also has a indoor bar and restaurant good food and bier

I'm in the Eurostars Grand Central too, flying out Monday at 07:15 and coming back on the Wednesday at 15:40, both with Lufthansa.

What outbound flight are you on Tim?

I'm on the 10.15 out cos I have to come across the Pennines. Happy to meet up for a pint in Munich later on Monday if you are about.

Sounds good.

allan harper said:
Just booked this trip, tues to Thursday, 3rd time I've been here! Cracking place.

Winter is different to summer or autumn. No beergarden or Octoberfest - but beerhouses and Xmas-market. And the Allianz Arena is for sure more "convenient" than the old Olympiastadium was in winter.

Maldeika said:
allan harper said:
Just booked this trip, tues to Thursday, 3rd time I've been here! Cracking place.

Winter is different to summer or autumn. No beergarden or Octoberfest - but beerhouses and Xmas-market. And the Allianz Arena is for sure more "convenient" than the old Olympiastadium was in winter.

Yeah that's why I'm going to be stopping in Marrianpltz (sp!) more bars and more livelier than the area around the Aguestinekeller

lewis2013 said:
This will be our first trip to europe so im not to sure what prices are good and what arnt. Ive found one which is fly out on monday and return on thursday direct flights, including eurostars grandcentral monday to thurday £329 each me and my mate. Can you tell me if this is good price?
Cheers

You've got a great deal there mate. The reviews of the hotel are excellent.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g187309-d1484641-Reviews-Eurostars_Grand_Central-Munich_Upper_Bavaria_Bavaria.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Revi ... varia.html</a>

Considering the fact it will be freezing outdoors, the fact it has a pool, steam and sauna is a huge bonus. Get a bit of warmth back into your bones.

Judging by reviews, the breakfast buffet is as good as it gets.

Hackerbrucke S-Bahn is 200 metres away, so getting around Munich is no problem.

Although it might be a bit chilly for the beer garden, the Augustinerkeller will be open for business as usual. In fact having loads of blues under one roof, with a few flags flying will create a great atmosphere. Then just stagger the last 100m home, back to the hotel.

Took a girlfriend to Munich in 2004 in late November and it's a magic time of year there, that's for sure.

Went to our game there in 2011, and the Oktoberfest is mint, but I reckon this is going to be even better. We're so lucky the way this draw has fallen for us.

Can't wait.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Took a girlfriend to Munich in 2004 in late November and it's a magic time of year there, that's for sure.

Went to our game there in 2011, and the Oktoberfest is mint, but I reckon this is going to be even better. We're so lucky the way this draw has fallen for us.

Can't wait.

Hangover from the night before permitting, we might venture out to Nurnberg on the Sunday or Monday afternoon. Apparently that is the daddy of German Christmas Markets.

Blue Punter said:

Can't wait.

Hangover from the night before permitting, we might venture out to Nurnberg on the Sunday or Monday afternoon. Apparently that is the daddy of German Christmas Markets.

Yes, it is. It is first mentioned in the 17th century and had 140 stalls in the 18th century. I guess Manchester Xmas-Market ain't that old ;)

If you want to take something home with you - Nürnberger Lebkuchen (ginger bread) is famous. As a child my father always got one of these as a Xmas present from one of his business partners...

50422_1.jpg

Maldeika said:
Blue Punter said:

Can't wait.

Yes, it is. It is first mentioned in the 17th century and had 140 stalls in the 18th century. I guess Manchester Xmas-Market ain't that old ;)

If you want to take something home with you - Nürnberger Lebkuchen (ginger bread) is famous. As a child my father always got one of these as a Xmas present from one of his business partners...

50422_1.jpg

The only thing I'm expecting to take home is a banging headache

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.