Bayern Munich vs. City Post-Match Discussion Thread

Decent performance against a very strong team.
Thought Navas looked amazing when he came on.
Bet he is the most fouled player this season coming.
Signing of the summer imo
Imagine if we had a left winger like him.

Only negative was Nasri-again..Did fuck all for me.
Pants in net was superb.I actually feel more confident with him between the sticks than Hart at the moment

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:

Pants in net was superb.I actually feel more confident with him between the sticks than Hart at the moment
Agree abt a winger down the left
Sort that out and another centre half and we are good to go.
Will take some stopping too.

Nasri put in two perfect crosses that Negredo should have converted and got himself through on goal with a great run. He had a very good game considering our lack of possession for large parts of the match.

shadowyu said:
Also, if Zabaleta's handball is not a penalty, then I don't know what penalty is. Clear handball which just smashed the ball into its new direction while the arm was in a non-natural position. He didn't want to do it, but he did it, in a very obvious way.
He didn't want to do it, - you mean it wasn't deliberate? Read the f*ckin' laws of the game ffs. If it wasn't deliberate then it wasn't a penalty.
It might have been given 99% of the time, we might all have been screaming had it not been given at the other end, but if it wasn't deliberate then it wasn't a penalty.

Seriously? Second only to Vinnie, for me. Involved in pretty much everything good we did, created 2/3 good chances for Negredo, unlucky with the one-on-one with Neuer, good goal wrongly disallowed.

I thought his performance, esp. 2nd half, was one of the major positives - looks like we have three great options to play in that position behind the striker (Jovetic, Silva, Nasri), all of whom offer something different.

For some people, poor performances in pre season games count for nothing, whereas good performances are taken as proof positive that players are next seasons world beaters. I don't get that.

Yap we lost the game but against Bayern in Munich against them and refs . we lost because we did not go with first team Bayern did , we create at list 5 clear chances score 1 and we have Zabba who is not yet in form and that penno was just to funny like that free kick on Neuer 40 meters from hes goal he was threat like he is in goalkeeper space, Yellow for Boyata was also funny and a lot of refs influence . We play good game and i m please Negredo score first goal .We play good in second half create a lot and Bayern play hard on us .Barry is a bit worry for me , Zabba will get in that form soon .Barry was a bit like not on pitch.But team look good maybe just cover for CD even Boyata play good and Kompany is great, but even like this we show a lot and that game last night , Bayern come on us hard so it was not like a regular friendly to me . They wanna win bad.So if we can play that good against them with mix team i m very happy.

East Level 2 said:
shadowyu said:
Also, if Zabaleta's handball is not a penalty, then I don't know what penalty is. Clear handball which just smashed the ball into its new direction while the arm was in a non-natural position. He didn't want to do it, but he did it, in a very obvious way.
He didn't want to do it, - you mean it wasn't deliberate? Read the f*ckin' laws of the game ffs. If it wasn't deliberate then it wasn't a penalty.
It might have been given 99% of the time, we might all have been screaming had it not been given at the other end, but if it wasn't deliberate then it wasn't a penalty.
Course it was a penalty. For example if a player stood in the box in a wall jumps up for a free kick and his arms are out for balance and the ball hits an arm preventing a goal, a penalty would definitely correctly be given. If a player has his arms anywhere other than at his side when the ball hits, a penalty should be given. The rules should be clarified to cover such situations.

mammutly said:
For some people, poor performances in pre season games count for nothing, whereas good performances are taken as proof positive that players are next seasons world beaters. I don't get that.
You have to take the whole picture into context. You can glean a lot more about a performance in front of 50,000 people in a high profile game with a strong team out than you can against the dog and duck on a swamp three days after we've started training.

Not entirely unexpected that Bayern would receive a penalty if it looked like they were struggling to score given that it was a German sponsored competition held at Bayerns ground. That said, we did well, created plenty of chances, defended well for the most part with Kompany excellent and Boyata showing that he definitely has potential. Jimmy Milner's had a great pre-season, Navas looks exciting so everything to look forward to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.