Bayern Munich vs. City Post-Match Discussion Thread

SWP's back said:
Sigh said:
mammutly said:
In the first half we were wholly outclassed. Made a better job of the second 45, but overall Bayern were by far the better side.

I didn't see any great new plan emerging tonight. We played pretty well in the same style as last year.

E-e-exactly! And that is what is so brilliant about it. It will catch the watchful premier league clubs totally orf-guard. Doing exactly what we've done last season is exactly the last thing they'll expect us to do this season!
Wow, some people (though very few it seems) really can't what is in front of them.
It is difficult to understand how they fail to notice the difference that the likes of Fernandinho, Navas, Negredo and Jovetic have brought to the team. Maybe they went to the pub at half-time.

German Commentary was funny..

Firstly at half time the bearded garden dwarf Paul Breitner called us Man U***** not once but twice, the interviewer grimaced embarrassingly.

Secondly, the commentator - who I am assuming was Alan Von Partridge - went mental at Boyatas tackle, saying it shouldnt be done in preseason games. Christian Ziege calmly stated that he got the ball and there was nowt wrong with it. The commentator then tried woefully backtrack to get out of what he had said.

The product placement was absolute cringeworthy, two asian "fans" were "selected" to do answer an interview at halftime. Asked what they thought of Bayern, they said, "smooth, strong and powerful, just like an Audi Car" whilst wearing Audi scarves!!!...(anyone remember "sprunt"??)

Really wanted to guage my eyes out. Those who slag off the Sky Sports commentators, be aware it could be worse!!

George Hannah said:
SWP's back said:
Sigh said:
E-e-exactly! And that is what is so brilliant about it. It will catch the watchful premier league clubs totally orf-guard. Doing exactly what we've done last season is exactly the last thing they'll expect us to do this season!
Wow, some people (though very few it seems) really can't what is in front of them.
It is difficult to understand how they fail to notice the difference that the likes of Fernandinho, Navas, Negredo and Jovetic have brought to the team. Maybe they went to the pub at half-time.
Blackadder-Confused-Look.gif

Was a joke. Adapted from Blackadder IV, "Captain Cook". Still, caught two.

I think these two games we learnt the most about the set up and new signings,

Navas - every single left back will be ear marking him, stand off him at their peril with our full back system.

Negredo - took his goal ever so well and on another day would of scored more.

Boyata - is not as bad as everyone makes out.

The system Pellers is going to play looks a flexible system, however i have my doubts with YAYA in a 2, To get the best out of Dzeko would servilely hinder Kuns game so i think he needs to decide who is number 1 is up top, unless he plays Kun in a 3 or off Dzeko.

All good problems, but on the whole the atmosphere does seem a lot better than the previous regime.

Cant wait.

Sigh said:
George Hannah said:
SWP's back said:
Blackadder-Confused-Look.gif

Was a joke. Adapted from Blackadder IV, "Captain Cook". Still, caught two.
that looks nothing like mammutly but there may be a similarity to Gelson's Dad.

considering it wasn't our best team it was a good workout. hopefully though the urgent need for pepe or a cb like him is evident and is addressed asap!

Ticket For Schalke said:
I think these two games we learnt the most about the set up and new signings,

Navas - every single left back will be ear marking him, stand off him at their peril with our full back system.

Negredo - took his goal ever so well and on another day would of scored more.

Boyata - is not as bad as everyone makes out.

The system Pellers is going to play looks a flexible system, however i have my doubts with YAYA in a 2, To get the best out of Dzeko would servilely hinder Kuns game so i think he needs to decide who is number 1 is up top, unless he plays Kun in a 3 or off Dzeko.

All good problems, but on the whole the atmosphere does seem a lot better than the previous regime.

Cant wait.

You highlighted 2 great points with Pellegrini, flexibility and good problems to have.

The transition between a 4-2-3-1 4-2-2-2 or even a rare 4-1-4-1 allows him to work with the good problems he has. The first 2 formations are very fluid and may change mid match depending on where a Jovetić or Aguero starts.

A 4-2-2-2 could also feature Dzeko and Negredo up top with Silva and Navas on the wings, Yaya and Fernandinho in midfield.

Pellegrini's 4-1-4-1 produced the most goals in a game for him last season both for Malaga and the opponent so we'll see if he uses that formation here and with what personnel or if he abandons that all together.

Harlaching Sky Blue said:
German Commentary was funny..

Firstly at half time the bearded garden dwarf Paul Breitner called us Man U***** not once but twice, the interviewer grimaced embarrassingly.

Secondly, the commentator - who I am assuming was Alan Von Partridge - went mental at Boyatas tackle, saying it shouldnt be done in preseason games. Christian Ziege calmly stated that he got the ball and there was nowt wrong with it. The commentator then tried woefully backtrack to get out of what he had said.

The product placement was absolute cringeworthy, two asian "fans" were "selected" to do answer an interview at halftime. Asked what they thought of Bayern, they said, "smooth, strong and powerful, just like an Audi Car" whilst wearing Audi scarves!!!...(anyone remember "sprunt"??)

Really wanted to guage my eyes out. Those who slag off the Sky Sports commentators, be aware it could be worse!!

Tbf the same bloke said Kompany was man of the match so he wasn't THAT biased.

I saw that ! I wondered what the f##k was going on !

Cobwebcat said:
Truthfully I thought we got battered in the first half and but for Kompany we would have been long dead. Midfield over-ran and we couldn't get the ball. They had 72% possession in the first thirty minutes and I don't think it was a case of us letting them have it either. They were walking through us.

Second half we were much better and Yaya and Navas made all the difference. Nothing to choose between us and Bayern in the second half.

Thought Nasri played well but Kompany was man of the match

Overall they deserved to win. Ribery is brilliant.

If we could find another Kompany anything would be possible but if we don't get someone in and Kompany gets injured long term, we won't win the league.

Battered? How many saves did Pants make? We were penned back but not battered. Semantics, maybe, but an important difference; especially when we go on the road in Europe.

Bayern are 2 weeks ahead in terms of preparation as their season starts next week, they played a stronger side, they played 6 midfielders and we played 4 and their manager is this bloke called Pep whose teams like to keep the ball and people are worried about us losing out on possession?

That was always going to happen as soon as the teams were announced, the important thing was we were organised and limited their goalscoring opportunities. Kompany was immense, especially when defending crosses.

When we introduced an extra midfielder we looked much better in the second half. We also introduced our best midfielder, this obviously helped with retaining the ball and we had Navas who provided a real threat on the break.

We had more and better chances and should have taken them, Negredo and to a lesser extent Dzeko just had an off night in front of goal.

Given it was just a friendly played 24 hours after another friendly I'm happy. Does anyone think we'd really start with 2 strikers away to Bayern in a proper match?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.