Bayern Munich Vs City Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Willy
Sagna Vin Martin Kolarov
Nasri Yaya Dinho Silva Milner
Dzeko

Clichy Mangala Nasty Navas Frank Kun Hart

Bit unsure what their team will be but we just need to do similar to how we did against Arsenal. They are likely to dominate possession because of the way Pep gets his teams playing. I think though if we can hit them on the break and make sure we take any chances we should be able to get at the very least a point.

They are weaker than last year and probably will be without Martinez, Schweinsteiger, Thiago and a few others but I think crucially Robben will play and he is to me their most dangerous player. They will have quite a butchered midfield so with Yaya back in there we should be able to do the business. With their possession style, I can't see many chances being made so I'd go for a draw but still we can win if we take chances. This is my team -

Hart
Sagna Kompany Demi Kolarov (Clichy instead of Kolarov if Robben plays)
Yaya Fernandinho
Nasri Silva Milner
Aguero

I was completely wrong on the team for Arsenal, and so I'm not going to make this post with any confidence. Normally I'll put the team which I think Pellegrini will play, so this time i'll go with what i'd like to see.

JH, BS, VK, MD, GC, SN, YT, F, JM, DS, SA.

With Kun, Silva, Milner we'll have plenty to trouble them on the break. Both Sami and Milner and shift inside and make up the extra man in midfield when required.

On a general note I really think we need a big scalp in a game which matters in this tournament. There's still and element of fear from our side when we play big sides and consequently i think big sides play with real confidence against us (especially Bayern and Barca last season who both had their best CL performance against us). We need to change that mentality and I think beating Bayern tomorrow would go a long way to doing that.

Pellegrini's banned from the touchline unless i'm mistaken not that that will matter too much. Think it might be good having Ruben on the touchline, scary fucker that he is.

ChicagoBlue said:
Wish we would stop declaring how important the CL is to us this year, how we think we can win it, and all the other fucking dross that keeps being said that only serves to pile on the pressure, heighten the expectations, and then make the inevitable non-lifting of the trophy so painfully "City."

Couldn't we just play the game, let the results speak for themselves, and enjoy where the ride takes us? We seem to specialize in declaring how well we are going to do in every competition in which we play.....and everyone revels in the enjoyment of crowing about how City didn't meet expectations, the season was a failure, etcetcetcetcetcetcetc.

For once, it would be nice to simply say less and do more!
Good article from Sam Wallace this morning about how it's a matter of when, not if.
The fans are allowed to want to win this competition, but that doesn't add pressure to the players, it's just one persons desire.
We will win it, one day.

Mister Appointment said:
I was completely wrong on the team for Arsenal, and so I'm not going to make this post with any confidence. Normally I'll put the team which I think Pellegrini will play, so this time i'll go with what i'd like to see.

With Kun, Silva, Milner we'll have plenty to trouble them on the break. Both Sami and Milner and shift inside and make up the extra man in midfield when required.

On a general note I really think we need a big scalp in a game which matters in this tournament. There's still and element of fear from our side when we play big sides and consequently i think big sides play with real confidence against us (especially Bayern and Barca last season who both had their best CL performance against us). We need to change that mentality and I think beating Bayern tomorrow would go a long way to doing that.

Pellegrini's banned from the touchline unless i'm mistaken not that that will matter too much. Think it might be good having Ruben on the touchline, scary fucker that he is.

I'd like to see Navas and Mangala play plus I reckon Manny will start with Dzeko and keep Sergio fresh for Sunday.

Rammy Blue said:
Mister Appointment said:

I'd like to see Navas and Mangala play plus I reckon Manny will start with Dzeko and keep Sergio fresh for Sunday.

I'd like to see Mangala play too but it'd be harsh on MD. Plus in a way I'd rather Mangala played against Chelsea at the weekend. See what you're saying about Kun but i'd be shocked if he didn't play. Our best attacking player and someone who can win the game inside an hour and then come off for a rest.

Mangala's late arrival is affecting us now.

It would be a risk to introduce a new player into the defence, but we have to do it some time. Perhaps against easier opponents than Bayern and Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.