Bayern Munich Vs City Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be a little disappointed if we lost, given Bayern's midfield.

We should be targetting that area and definitely have the players the exploit it in Fernandinho, Yaya and Silva.

The reason I would have Navas over Nasri is because despite Nasri being able to offer us better possession I think it will be a pointless exercise trying to match or outclass Bayern in possession, we just can't do it.

Madrid showed last season that the best way to beat Bayern is on the counter and for me I would be having the team pressing and soaking up pressure then hitting them on the break with Aguero, Navas and Yaya.

sam-caddick said:
The reason I would have Navas over Nasri is because despite Nasri being able to offer us better possession I think it will be a pointless exercise trying to match or outclass Bayern in possession, we just can't do it.

Madrid showed last season that the best way to beat Bayern is on the counter and for me I would be having the team pressing and soaking up pressure then hitting them on the break with Aguero, Navas and Yaya.

Bayern were trying to overturn a first leg defeat I'd rather us play on the counter last 30 mins when legs are tired I'd keep navas and aguero on the bench till then can't see bayern going all out attack from the first minute.

Re: Anywhere going to be showing our game around Basingstoke

Prestwich_Blue said:
Our kid is stuck down in Basingstoke tomorrow night. Does anyone know of anywhere that might be showing us instead of (or at least as well as) Chelsea?

The Bakers Arms and Laarsens in the town centre usually has more than one game on, failing that, the King of Wessex, but that is a bit of a shit hole. The Popinjay will be showing the Chelsea game, I'm not sure if they have both channels on though, could be worth a try.

I think the ~Old White Hart in Hook will be showing the City game, best check first though, as its a few miles out of town. When I go for my lunch later I'll try and check.

Laarsens is probably the best bet.

sam-caddick said:

This.

We have the players to really hurt Bayern on the counter and a front 4 of Navas, Silva and Milner (scored the winner there last season) behind Aguero will cause them a lot of problems.

I would have been over the moon with a draw but having seen who they have out injured I will be disappointed if we don't win this. A win tonight will give us the confidence to go on and win the group which we really need to do.

Wow quite a few over here expecting us to win,the eternal pessimist in me is telling that we are going to loose.Well,i would be overjoyed if we do manage to win,but can't see that happening.They will definitely try to keep Silva and aguero quiet as both of them will be our biggest threat and are also technically incredible on the ball.Just hope the rest of the team will step,even if that happens.Would like to see JH,BS,VK,EM/MDM,GC,F,YT,JM,JN,DS,SA..i agree with a lot of posters here regarding the case of milner and navas starting over samir.I would have him as an option from the bench as of now as we would be needing the work rate of milner and navas,as well as navas being excellent on the counter attack.Have minimal expectation from this one,but nevertheless common city..:)

Could be the ideal time to play Mangala with an all French speaking back line

Hart

Sagna
VK
Mangala
Clichy

Yaya
Fernandinho

Milner
Silva
Navas

Dzeko

Personally id save Aguero for Sunday as that is the big game, we lose tonight and were looking at finishing 2nd in the group which is no huge deal, lose on Sunday and were 8 points behind Chelsea which is a big gap even at this stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.