Bayern Munich Vs City Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are people putting Zaba in their teams ... he's suspended ... and btw no one has mentioned but Pelligrini is suspended for this one as well ... so it'll be Ruben by the touch line and also the one making changes depending upon how the games goes on (which I'm sure he'd have discussed various scenarios with Pellegrini in advance) ...

And no we won't (and shouldn't) be playing two up front in either of these two upcoming games ... we lost to Bayern last season (and Chelsea as well) by going all gung-ho and playing 2 up front and leaving 2 v 3 in the midfield who then struggled to get hold of the ball ... hope Pelligrini has learnt from that (team against Arsenal suggested that he has) and anyway with Negredo gone and Jovetic back at nurses station we don't have a whole lot of options anyway ... Sinclair making the bench yesterday showed how this whole big squad and lot of depth is still a myth.

So Sagna at Bayern and Zaba for Chelsea are automatic picks, Komps will play both and lead, and Mangala will slot in next to him in one of these games ... Similarly pick one of Clichy and Kolarov for a game each, I can't decide who should play which ... probably Clichy for Chelsea as that is more important for us for the season as a whole and then he just played full 90 yesterday ... Caballero/Hart to share duties same way, Caba for Bayern and Hart for Chelsea I guess ...

Up front, I think Nasri will start against Bayern as he'll take over creative duties from Silva who might be held back for Chelsea game having just played full 90 against Arsenal so I think him (Silva), Navas and Aguero will be kept on the bench and may only come on for last 20-30 mins to make impact and not play out full 90.

This is how I see the two lineups:

Against Bayern Munich:

Caballero
Sagna - Komps - Mangala - Kolarov
Fernandhinio - Lampard
Nasri - Yaya - Milner
Dzeko

Against Chelsea:

Hart
Zaba - Komps - Demi - Clichy
Fernandhinio - Yaya - Fernando
Navas - Aguero - Silva

If the Fairy Godmother of football came to me and said "I will offer you a guaranteed 1-0 win over Chelsea, but a 10-0 loss to Bayern", then I would snap her hand off. CL for me has become CCL (Couldn't Care Less).

Airbus said:
Why are people putting Zaba in their teams ... he's suspended ... and btw no one has mentioned but Pelligrini is suspended for this one as well ... so it'll be Ruben by the touch line and also the one making changes depending upon how the games goes on (which I'm sure he'd have discussed various scenarios with Pellegrini in advance) ...

And no we won't (and shouldn't) be playing two up front in either of these two upcoming games ... we lost to Bayern last season (and Chelsea as well) by going all gung-ho and playing 2 up front and leaving 2 v 3 in the midfield who then struggled to get hold of the ball ... hope Pelligrini has learnt from that (team against Arsenal suggested that he has) and anyway with Negredo gone and Jovetic back at nurses station we don't have a whole lot of options anyway ... Sinclair making the bench yesterday showed how this whole big squad and lot of depth is still a myth.

So Sagna at Bayern and Zaba for Chelsea are automatic picks, Komps will play both and lead, and Mangala will slot in next to him in one of these games ... Similarly pick one of Clichy and Kolarov for a game each, I can't decide who should play which ... probably Clichy for Chelsea as that is more important for us for the season as a whole and then he just played full 90 yesterday ... Caballero/Hart to share duties same way, Caba for Bayern and Hart for Chelsea I guess ...

Up front, I think Nasri will start against Bayern as he'll take over creative duties from Silva who might be held back for Chelsea game having just played full 90 against Arsenal so I think him (Silva), Navas and Aguero will be kept on the bench and may only come on for last 20-30 mins to make impact and not play out full 90.

Against Bayern Munich:

Caballero
Fernandhinio - Lampard
Nasri - Yaya - Milner
Dzeko

Against Chelsea:

Hart
Navas - Aguero - Silva
Even i would love to rest our key players for the bayern game and shift our focus to chelsea,but that is not gona happen and without silva we will not stand a chance,absolutely no chance.All i hope is that none of our players get injured while in germany,can't afford any injuries to our key players just before the chelsea game.

I just want us to be In the next round for monetary basis other than that couldn't care less than just enjoying it as another game featuring city,won't mind to be drubbed even as long as we beat chelsea but my gut feeling says we,ll get a point out of it which would be a great result

Airbus said:
Caballero
Fernandhinio - Lampard
Nasri - Yaya - Milner
Dzeko
No way Lampard starts against Bayern. he looked lost vs Arsenal. Bayern play at an even higher tempo. Probably Milner in his place and Navas for Milner.

Puppet Master Silva said:
---------------------Hart-------------------
Sagna----Vinny--Mangala---Clichy
-----------Fernan---Yaya---------------
Navas-----------Silva----------Milner
-----------------Aguero------------------

I think it will probably be this, perhaps Kolarov for Clichy.

I'm sure Silva and Kompany will start both the next two. Yaya, too, after his break at the weekend, and Fernandinho as well.

Must be tempting to start Aguero in both, too, but would be a real gamble.

Huge ask to get it right in both matches.

30bh91y.png

My team though I feel he may start dzeko for this and save aguero for Chelsea.

ianw16 said:
If the Fairy Godmother of football came to me and said "I will offer you a guaranteed 1-0 win over Chelsea, but a 10-0 loss to Bayern", then I would snap her hand off. CL for me has become CCL (Couldn't Care Less).
You'd soon change your mind if we qualify

...............................................hart...............................................

sagna........................vinny...............mangala...............kolarov

...................................fern..................yaya.................................

nasri.......................................silva.................................milner

..............................................dzeko............................................

Airbus said:

Against Bayern Munich:

Caballero
Fernandhinio - Lampard
Nasri - Yaya - Milner
Dzeko

Against Chelsea:

Hart
Navas - Aguero - Silva
Pellegrini said Fernando is out for 2 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.