Bayern Munich Vs City Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm amazed. Just amazed that some people think we should change our goal keeper for such an important game. And why would we be giving Mangala a debut in an away game in the Champions League?

Seriously, I can only put these ideas down to X box and PS3 psychology.

This won't be Mangala's first game - Pellegrini will stick with Demichelis.

mammutly said:
I'm amazed. Just amazed that some people think we should change our goal keeper for such an important game. And why would we be giving Mangala a debut in an away game in the Champions League?

Seriously, I can only put these ideas down to X box and PS3 psychology.

I agree. Although Mancini did give Nastastic his debut at the Bernabeu.

There's really no need to give Mangala his debut in this game though.

Milner has to come into midfield with Yaya and Fernandinho in my opinion.

Pellegrini should have seen what he can bring to the team with his performances against Bayern away and Liverpool away last season and Arsenal this weekend, his work ethic is needed in tough away games such as this.

It was interesting listening to Antony Kastrinakis on the Sunday Supplement today when he spoke about his visit to watch Bayern this weekend and his praise for Alonso in the Bayern midfield, he even said if City stop him we will win the game which was interesting.

I am not expecting to win but a draw could go a long way towards helping us take control of the group.

What I am hoping is Manuel not going 442, I really don't want us to take a battering going into the Chelsea game.

ONTHERUNWITHTHAKSIN said:
LHarper said:

And rightly so MDM is becoming irreplaceable IMO

The only changes will be Yaya for Lampard and Nasri for Navas

Why Nasri over Navas?

Navas has been better than Nasri so far this season and if we are to pack out the midfield and play on the counter then surely Navas is the go to man?

I would prefer Navas running at their defence than Nasri at the moment anyway.

I think Mangala is getting picked because of Robben, his pace could destroy Demichelis.

sam-caddick said:
LHarper said:

Why Nasri over Navas?

Navas has been better than Nasri so far this season and if we are to pack out the midfield and play on the counter then surely Navas is the go to man?

I think Mangala is getting picked because of Robben, his pace could destroy Demichelis.

Fair point but mangalas inexperience could be our undoing where mdm has all the experience of playing these games.

uwe rosler 28 said:
sam-caddick said:

Why Nasri over Navas?

Fair point but mangalas inexperience could be our undoing where mdm has all the experience of playing these games.

I have a feeling Demichelis will play but Navas has to start over Nasri in my opinion.

We are not going to outclass Bayern in the possession game so for me we need to be studying Real Madrid's counter attacking masterclass against them last season.

Navas, Agüero, Toure and Silva will give any team a problem on the counter.

sam-caddick said:
uwe rosler 28 said:
sam-caddick said:
Why Nasri over Navas?

I have a feeling Demichelis will play but Navas has to start over Nasri in my opinion.

We are not going to outclass Bayern in the possession game so for me we need to be studying Real Madrid's counter attacking masterclass against them last season.

Navas, Agüero, Toure and Silva will give any team a problem on the counter.

Totally agree but he may be tempted to hold navas and sergio on the bench to bring on when legs are tired and the game is sretched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.