Status
Not open for further replies.
uwe rosler 28 said:
sam-caddick said:
ONTHERUNWITHTHAKSIN said:
And rightly so MDM is becoming irreplaceable IMO

The only changes will be Yaya for Lampard and Nasri for Navas

Why Nasri over Navas?

Navas has been better than Nasri so far this season and if we are to pack out the midfield and play on the counter then surely Navas is the go to man?

I would prefer Navas running at their defence than Nasri at the moment anyway.

I think Mangala is getting picked because of Robben, his pace could destroy Demichelis.

Fair point but mangalas inexperience could be our undoing where mdm has all the experience of playing these games.

Its also Mangala's unfamiliarity with playing in our defense, and our other defenders unfamiliarity with him.

We need the defense to be playing as a very tight unit for this game, not getting to know one another.

I reckon Manny will pick Mangala for this one, it's a shot to nothing kind of game and it just might suit to throw him in at the deep end.

I hope he plays, can't wait to see him in action.

Kun Aguero said:
Think Bayern will play...
Neuer
Boateng Dante Alaba
Lahm Rode Alonso Bernat
Muller Ribbery
Lewandoski

If Pep play that incredibly high line we'll get chances.

Right now I am not sure about anything.

But Pep will not play 3 in the back because Badstuber's new injury prevents that. And Benatia has had 2 training sessions until now, no experience on that level etc. - his first match in a starting formation will not be City.

Ribery just had 20 minutes of competitive play in the recent 3 months. Not sure if he will start. And Robben did not make the team training today either - the last days it was ankle problems, today they talked about the knee. I do not see any of the two playing 90 minutes. Could be that they do a time sharing.

sam-caddick said:
Milner has to come into midfield with Yaya and Fernandinho in my opinion.

Pellegrini should have seen what he can bring to the team with his performances against Bayern away and Liverpool away last season and Arsenal this weekend, his work ethic is needed in tough away games such as this.

It was interesting listening to Antony Kastrinakis on the Sunday Supplement today when he spoke about his visit to watch Bayern this weekend and his praise for Alonso in the Bayern midfield, he even said if City stop him we will win the game which was interesting.

I am not expecting to win but a draw could go a long way towards helping us take control of the group.

What I am hoping is Manuel not going 442, I really don't want us to take a battering going into the Chelsea game.

alonso is well past it.

kroos is no longer with them and sweinsteiger and thiago are out with injuries. their midfield is quite weak at this time. God knows how they will cope with David Silva.

cibaman said:
uwe rosler 28 said:
sam-caddick said:
Why Nasri over Navas?

Navas has been better than Nasri so far this season and if we are to pack out the midfield and play on the counter then surely Navas is the go to man?

I think Mangala is getting picked because of Robben, his pace could destroy Demichelis.

Fair point but mangalas inexperience could be our undoing where mdm has all the experience of playing these games.

Its also Mangala's unfamiliarity with playing in our defense, and our other defenders unfamiliarity with him.

We need the defense to be playing as a very tight unit for this game, not getting to know one another.

nastasic made his debut in madrid. he was just 19 years old. im pretty sure mangala can come in and do a job .. but no need for that because demichelis is playing well.

mastermind said:
sam-caddick said:

Pellegrini should have seen what he can bring to the team with his performances against Bayern away and Liverpool away last season and Arsenal this weekend, his work ethic is needed in tough away games such as this.

It was interesting listening to Antony Kastrinakis on the Sunday Supplement today when he spoke about his visit to watch Bayern this weekend and his praise for Alonso in the Bayern midfield, he even said if City stop him we will win the game which was interesting.

I am not expecting to win but a draw could go a long way towards helping us take control of the group.

What I am hoping is Manuel not going 442, I really don't want us to take a battering going into the Chelsea game.

alonso is well past it.

kroos is no longer with them and sweinsteiger and thiago are out with injuries. their midfield is quite weak at this time. God knows how they will cope with David Silva.

Disagree about Alonso, him and Di Maria were instrumental to Real Madrid's midfield last season.

I think Bayern's defence can be got at but they are still immensely strong despite their current injury list.

We need to put on a top class counter attacking performance if we want a result on Wednesday.

mastermind said:
cibaman said:
uwe rosler 28 said:

nastasic made his debut in madrid. he was just 19 years old. im pretty sure mangala can come in and do a job .. but no need for that because demichelis is playing well.

He's formed a great partnership with vinnie, but he can't play in all 3 games.. Can he..? I doubt it..
I'd rather see MANGALA play in this one rather then the Chelsea game.. nothing to do with preference or form.. I'am Just being age'est..!!!!

sam-caddick said:
ONTHERUNWITHTHAKSIN said:
LHarper said:
This won't be Mangala's first game - Pellegrini will stick with Demichelis.

And rightly so MDM is becoming irreplaceable IMO

The only changes will be Yaya for Lampard and Nasri for Navas

Why Nasri over Navas?

Navas as been the better of the 2 but I think Pellegrini will choose Nasri

Can't see him making too many changes especially in defence especially with Sagna starting.

With Bayern's injury problems perhaps this is a good time to play them, but they will be up for it this time. Last time they were coasting.

Robben is the player I am wary about. Hardly a revelatory thought, but it will be a huge boost for City if he's out. Robben carried Holland in the World Cup and makes the difference in so many games.

sam-caddick said:
mastermind said:
sam-caddick said:

alonso is well past it.

Disagree about Alonso, him and Di Maria were instrumental to Real Madrid's midfield last season.

I think Bayern's defence can be got at but they are still immensely strong despite their current injury list.

We need to put on a top class counter attacking performance if we want a result on Wednesday.

Alonso is still a class act and we'll have to get about him.

I think the key will be (i) how well we deal with Bayern's pressing (in the home game last season we wilted badly in the face of it) and (ii) how quickly we get it into Silva in those areas in front of their defence. In both games last season, he was head and shoulders the best player on the pitch for the time he was on, and they will struggle to cope with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.