Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Starting 11 v Bayern.

..........................Hart

Richards....Kompany.....Lescott......Clichy

.........Milner.........Yaya..........Barry (all Defensive minded)

..........................Silva (floating)

.................Dzeko.............Kun Aguero

i expect mancini to have us a bit more defensive than we have been currently this season, kind of a revert back to last season, with us playing free flowing football when in possession. but men behind the ball without.

set up like this i think city could nick it 1 - 0

Wellsblue21 said:

i expect mancini to have us a bit more defensive than we have been currently this season, kind of a revert back to last season, with us playing free flowing football when in possession. but men behind the ball without.

this

Jumanji said:
They will FOR SURE mark Silva with Gustavo.

let them silva only needs a yard of space, and forgein ref's in the main wont put up with thuggery like everton were dishing out on silva.

Gustavo is as pacy as their fastest, player mate. I don't like the match up. :( I hope and pray for the first time in my life that we win.

City-Of-Manchester said:
Wellsblue21 said:

this

+1, but Aguero will come from deeper, just like where Silva is....floating in the space between the midfield and the lone striker, one on the left, other on the right, switching frequently. When Dzeko gets fed the ball down the lines, we break inside with Silva, Aguero, and Yaya (and/or Milner) with Barry holding at all times (and possibly Yaya/Milner, too, depending upon who is freed up at that time. Two hold, one goes, but is responsible for getting back.

Basically, it will be a 4-5-1 when defending and a 4-2-3-1 when attacking.

Re: Bayern Munich v MCFC pre match thread

Jumanji said:
GHT, are you joking, mate?!
No J I'm not. He was originally signed as a midfielder by Hughes and still plays there occasionally for Belgium... not saying its his best position, by any means, but I've no doubt Roberto would prefer Nigel to be in the team,- thus allowing him to be to be more cautious & play one up front with and two defensive midfielders (as is his wont).

Just don't think we can afford to go there and be too open ....only saying, that, if Mancini adopts the tactics I expect, this might be the best way to do it if Nigel can't play.

leighton said:
Workrate is key in this away game.

Hart
Clichy
Richards
Kompany
Lescott
Yaya
Milner
Barry
Silva
Tevez
Aguero

This - gives us a bit more workrate in midfield and leaves us with a strong threat up front and potentially on the break

De jong should play imo if he's fit enough.

I'm kinda worried about yaya and barry though defensively...

Re: Bayern Munich v MCFC pre match thread

GeorgeHeslop'sTackle. said:
Jumanji said:
GHT, are you joking, mate?!
No J I'm not. He was originally signed as a midfielder by Hughes and still plays there occasionally for Belgium... not saying its his best position, by any means, but I've no doubt Roberto would prefer Nigel to be in the team,- thus allowing him to be to be more cautious & play one up front with and two defensive midfielders (as is his wont).

Just don't think we can afford to go there and be too open ....only saying, that, if Mancini adopts the tactics I expect, this might be the best way to do it if Nigel can't play.

This is misguided about VK, if you look at his playing history he's largely been a CB.
yes, he can play in midfield, but saying MH's played him there is hardly a strong argument, especially considering he's a far superior CB and we were leaking goals like there was no tomorrow at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.