Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Starting 11 v Bayern.

Not sure Mancini would mix things up before the biggest match of the season. We should stick to what has worked. Great teams don't adjust to their opponents. Their opponents adjust to them. How often have Barca packed the midfield with Keita, Mascherano and Busquets? We should play in the formation we are used to.

alera said:
We are really really missing de Jong IMO.

The fact we have won every game apart from 2 draws shows how well we have been playing.

Everton would have been much easier for us if he had been available.
Based on what exactly? You think having the creative genius that is Nigel De Jong on the pitch would've enabled us to break Everton down easier?

Lmarkham-blueblood said:
Fuck it, all out attack

...........................hart..........................
Richards...kompany...lescott...clichy
....................nasri.........Silva...............
.........tevez........balotelli.....Agüero....
...........................Dzeko......................

ffs,how many times..
he can't play....<br /><br />-- Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:59 am --<br /><br />
Jack_mcfc_ said:
--------------------Hart---------------------
--Richards----Kompany----Lescott----clichy--
-------------Barry------Yaya Toure----------
--Balotelli----------Silva------------Nasri----
-------------------Aguero-------------------

Re: Would it matter if we bunkered in

The reason I ask is that there are quite a few people on here dating back to last year who accept nothing but an all out onslaught every time we play. If we started a 3 holding midfielders we could see only 35-45% of the ball.

Is everyone confident in Nasri??? I feel he has been MIA recently... would prefer Milner for his defensive qualities and motor

I don't care how we get a result, only that we DO get a result.

That said, I'd feel much better if we asserted ourselves on them rather than the other way around. Would be nice to make a statement that we are contenders by going in to the AA and doing what no other team seems to be able to do; Beat Bayern at home.

alky313 said:
The reason I ask is that there are quite a few people on here dating back to last year who accept nothing but an all out onslaught every time we play. If we started a 3 holding midfielders we could see only 35-45% of the ball.
I am going to need names and citations on this claim of yours.

BlueJill said:
alky313 said:
If tomorrow, our squad reverts back to its old ways of counter attacking football and won would it matter to you. It was odd to see Silva suggest we attack, in that there could be some discussion that they should not fight for the lions share of possession. Rather that they should focus on maintaining a proper defensive shape. I was just wondering if fans would be upset with a performance if it gained a positive result.

Tomorrow's mission is simple. Do not lose. If we leave Munich with a point, we are in the driver's seat to get out of the group stages. However it happens, I won't care.

This

alky313 said:
Not sure Mancini would mix things up before the biggest match of the season. We should stick to what has worked. Great teams don't adjust to their opponents. Their opponents adjust to them. How often have Barca packed the midfield with Keita, Mascherano and Busquets? We should play in the formation we are used to.

I agree with this. Start the formation as normal 4-2-3-1 and adjust if needed.

alera said:

The fact we have won every game apart from 2 draws shows how well we have been playing.

The reasoning here eludes me. Please explain?<br /><br />-- Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:34 pm --<br /><br />
conormcfc said:
alera said:

Based on what exactly? You think having the creative genius that is Nigel De Jong on the pitch would've enabled us to break Everton down easier?
Ah! I am not the only one who is confused, I see. I mean Everton Barely attacked all game. And why we couldn't break them down easily, I sincerely doubt a De Jong crunching tackle was ever gonna help in that regard. Unless that is, by "break them down" one imagined the physical breaking of bones :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.