Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Who plays left back tonight then?

GazC said:
A rare vote for Kolarov here - we're going to need height and positioning on the back stick and to defend set pieces, something that worries me about Clichy.

He'll be a threat from set peices too.

Re: Bayern Munich v MCFC pre match thread

I've got to go to work tonight so I won't get to see a minute of the game sadly (gutted!!).

I've got to say that I'm really worried about tonight's game especially their pace.

Come on City make us even more prouder and do these big-headed feckers.

.....Also it would be a great team booster to get a result at Bayern.

Re: Who plays left back tonight then?

Lancet Fluke said:
I don't mind whether he picks Zab or Richards on the right. I can think of arguments for playing either of them. Has to be Clichy on the left though. Kolarov has looked marginally better this season when he has played but he's still not good enough imo. The thought of him marking Robben is enough to make me shit.
Me too! I wouldn't even play Kolarov v Blackburn, as Junior Hoilett will skin him. I wish we'd stop rotating the full backs every game, and play a settled back 4. Make the changes in the Carling Cup and early rounds of the FA Cup. Clichy and Richards are light years ahead of Kolarov and Zab.

Re: Kolo Toure to start tonight?

sir peace frog said:
got a feeling we are going to set up with 3 center halves(napoli).

i can see us starting against bm352,lescottl on the left of the 3 vk in the middle and kolo on the right,with micah and clichy as wing backs,barry and yaya in the middle silva just ahead them, 2 from 3 up top,defo think edin will start,he know the german way and will hold up play.

think we need to go at bm,i personally think that we can get at van bouyton and boateng.but we need to start off solid.robben and ribery are the main attacking threats,clichy and micah have the pace to track them,lescott stick to gomez with vinny sweeping behind,barry v swinesteiger(sp) shoulkd be the race of the slugs will be funny to watch,yaya can do his stuff,and silva will create enough for kun and edin.

3-1 to city(i fucking hope)

I can see this too - as per my other post I think this is something Mancini has been working on in training and trialing in games that are already over.

Would it matter if we bunkered in

If we work hard with the full backs nullifying Bayern's wingers and the defensive mid pairing sticking to their task, this could be a very interesting game.

Bayern will be under pressure to come and attack I feel. This could lead to an open and expansive game which then plays right into our hands as Silva et al will be afforded space. This will be a dangerous thing for Bayern. If they then decide to go defensive, their crowd could end up on their backs, given the expectation of winning all their games this season so far and without conceding a goal.

Going to be a fascinating contest and one I hope to God the commentators don't ruin with the usual inanity (sadly I can't be in Munich due to work).

Could be a classic; just hope the result is in our favour.

everyone wants us to fail tonight. i hope we are strong.

Pam said:
I have no instinct on the outcome of tomorrow's match. Wouldn't surprise me if we won it or lost it and wouldn't surprise me if it turns out to be a draw.

Blimey, that's commital decisiveness for you. ;-)

I think we're going to lose, but then I'm having an all round bad day and the promised sunny weather isn't materialising. So I'm finding it hard to be all "Trololol" today.

Re: Starting 11 v Bayern.

--------------------Hart---------------
--------Kompany--------Lescott------
Richards------------------------Clichy
-------------Barry------Milner--------
--------------------Yaya---------------
-----Nasri--------------------Silva----
--------------------Džeko--------------

If de Jong is fit enough start him. I think it's time we pushed Yaya out of DM because he's nowhere near as effective there as he is in central midfield were he can get forward more. Away from home at a team like Bayern I think we need his surging runs, and Nasri's quick runs, on the counter-attack.

Re: Starting 11 v Bayern.

danburge82 said:
--------------------Hart---------------
--------Kompany--------Lescott------
Richards------------------------Clichy
-------------Barry------Milner--------
--------------------Yaya---------------
-----Nasri--------------------Silva----
--------------------Džeko--------------

If de Jong is fit enough start him. I think it's time we pushed Yaya out of DM because he's nowhere near as effective there as he is in central midfield were he can get forward more. Away from home at a team like Bayern I think we need his surging runs, and Nasri's quick runs, on the counter-attack.

Drop Aguero?

Big risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.