BBC pay reveal

MOTD most definitely. Do we watch it for Lineker and the pundits or for the football!
Antiques Road show. Do we watch it for the experts view, the story behind the object and the valuation, or for Fiona Bruce's minor input? This show could be presented by one of those celebrity antiques experts as they now do with Bargain Hunt

Have you watched Manish Bhasin try to present a football show??

Lineker earns £1.8 million for saying "Welcome to Match of the Day, our first game is..." Absolutely ridiculous. Scrap the TV tax.

I don't see why some of these shows just don't have voice overs, rather than overpaid arseholes who are shite at their jobs.

Very true mate. Although my nephew lives in Oz, and although he earns a fair wedge, apparently beer is around
£7 quid a pint.
So I'll stick with the Beeb ;)
Jesus I pay half that $7, I suppose there are flash places in the CBD where they rip you off but 7 quid is nowhere near the norm. Ive also heard that Perth is expensive for things like drinks and eating out, but never been there.
Our petrol was $1 a litre when I filled up the other day, thats about 40 p

Ive just been on holiday in England and was shocked at how much things are, things like Railways, everywhere you pay to park, council tax seems very high as does heating your house, whereas we have no heating.

Have you watched Manish Bhasin try to present a football show??

Manish did alright on the football league show.

What it does show to that a woman can sut and present tge 6 oclock news and get paid less than a man doing the same job, which is ridiculous.

This defence doesn't apply to Chris Evans, of course. He is utterly crap and shouldn't be paid by any broadcaster, let alone the BBC.

You just shot down your entire argument!

Saying the BBC will lose talent is a poor argument IMO - let the BBC develop young talent and then leave for the big bucks if they want, as long as I don't have to pay their salary!

I couldn't give a fuck who reads the news or plays Charlie in Casualty!

Gary Lineker is the worst though, how can the cheeky fucker comment on transfer fees when he's clearly overpaid, by any rational measure.

I know the obvious like MOTD would seem vastly overpaid, but the BBC do a hell of a lot very well. They cover local radio excellently in my area in Lancashire and pretty sure the people at local level aren't overpaid. For 99% of BBC workers I imagine they graft hard for an ordinary wage and do a good job of it.

Lineker - £1.75/£1.8 million pa
Shearer - £400/450 thousand pa

You could probably get people to toe whatever line you want them to for that sort of money, couldn't you? ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.