BBC's Panorama set to ruin Englands world cup 2018 bid.

blumoonrises said:
It airs Monday night just a few days before the decision is made, no doubt it will affect our chances.. which is clearly the aim, why would they want to do that..?

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/new...orld-Cup-bid-article639261.html#ixzz16bDuQdIq
..Top Fifa executive Jack Warner says the BBC's Panorama programme has a "death wish" for England's 2018 World Cup bid.

Warner holds the key to five of the crucial 22 votes needed when bosses meet on Thursday.

But he hinted that England's bid - now thought to be third in the running behind Spain/Portugal and Russia - had been doomed to failure by Monday's Panorama show, which is set to outline corruption at Fifa.

He said: Panorama is on a death wish for the FA. They are vultures.

"If they have it in for Jack Warner their sport suffers and for me that is a disaster.

"I've been talking to my colleagues at Fifa and wonder what Panorama can gain by trying to discredit Fifa, who have to decide whether to vote for the FA's bid?"

I don't understand why everyone automatically blames our free press for this.

Hasn't it occured to anyone that if the bid had been well run and nothing had been handled poorly then this programme wouldn't have been made.

Blame the people who are in charge of the bid if they come out of the programme discredited -it's their fault. The press has a duty to expose wrong doings and if they didn't the country would suffer (Despite what you may all think).

FIFA is a dirty, corrupt, and undemocratic group of thugs that have their own agenda which is incompatible with the general public. It has been clear for sometime now that England was not gonna win the bid, as it's FA simply does not have an allocated "Fifa Exec. Bribing Budget," like Russia or Qatar have. It's disgusting and good on the BBC for exposing a inherently corrupt organization.

Proof of their corruption? Why would they be upset and threaten a bid because of an unassociated media outlet was running a story on them? A legitimate organization would have nothing to worry about.

I haven't got a problem with this sort of journalism. Prefer it to the made up crap in the tabloids. Do I care if this costs us the chance to host the WC - simple answer no.

This program can only enhance the FIFA organisation by getting rid of those wanting to line their own pockets.

Would have prefered us to get it for numerous reasons not least that if the development rumours round our ground were to turn out to be true with the Disney link and the ground expansion then it would enable the Sheikh to realise a return on his investment and would be the perfect platform to continue to grow the global brand. It doesnt matter to me, Im blue and Im local but as Mansour has ploughed so much into providing the resources to achieve my dreams I hope he gets all he deserves and wants out of his investment into our club.

we must have the most counter active media in the world. yes it will have a big effect on the final say me thinks

me myself and i said:
we must have the most counter active media in the world. yes it will have a big effect on the final say me thinks

It's hardly counter active is it. Panorama are merely reporting why we aren't getting the WC. The primary reason we are not getting the World Cup is because Russia/ Spain/Portugal are willing the line the pockets of certain FIFA delegates.

me myself and i said:
So the media should just turn a blind eye to the blatant, rampant corruption that was always going to condemn our bid anyway?

"If they have it in for Jack Warner their sport suffers and for me that is a disaster."
This is a high-ranking FIFA official talking like a mafia don FFS. It's an outrageous quote from one of the most bent men ever to have been involved in football. "Expose my wrongdoings and I will seriously fuck you up" is what he's saying. Well fuck you Jack, and the rest of your dodgy bent bastard mates.

Is exposing this and hopefully cleaning up the game once and for all worth losing the World Cup? Absofuckinglutely. Especially seen as we had no chance right from the outset because of a bunch of pampered corrupt spivs from completely irrelevant footballing nations.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.