Be warned: Dzeko has no/little pace

wouldn't say he's that clinical a finisher, but he's certainly a great one. My only question is, as i'm arsenal fan and not really sure, is mancini prepared to comprise tevez's position for another player, that's got no premier league experience. Or is he going to continue with his two players to a position policy, and slowly filter Dzeko into the starting XI

Irish_Owen said:
wouldn't say he's that clinical a finisher, but he's certainly a great one. My only question is, as i'm arsenal fan and not really sure, is mancini prepared to comprise tevez's position for another player, that's got no premier league experience. Or is he going to continue with his two players to a position policy, and slowly filter Dzeko into the starting XI

I think it's more a question of whether he plans to fit Balotelli in as well. Tevez will always start as he is captain unless he gets rested or similar. I think his plan is to slowly fit Dzeko into our way of playing and get the goals. The team is now more of an interchangeable squad as opposed to having a best XI. For example Balotelli could easily swap for Dzeko and on his day match him for quality. It just depends on what is required on the day, a position we are extremely lucky to be in.

There will always be a core of players such as De Jong who in the squad has no rival in terms of position. Yaya isn't for me a holding midfielder and Barry isn't the best ball winner, there is no-one else. We will always have these core players and then the interchangeable parts such as the full backs and strikers for use as/when required.

The fact Mancini never sends the subs out for a kickabout at half-time shows his commitment to the bench and the fact they are part of the team/squad and not just backup's.

inbetween said:
Irish_Owen said:

I think it's more a question of whether he plans to fit Balotelli in as well. Tevez will always start as he is captain unless he gets rested or similar. I think his plan is to slowly fit Dzeko into our way of playing and get the goals. The team is now more of an interchangeable squad as opposed to having a best XI. For example Balotelli could easily swap for Dzeko and on his day match him for quality. It just depends on what is required on the day, a position we are extremely lucky to be in.

There will always be a core of players such as De Jong who in the squad has no rival in terms of position. Yaya isn't for me a holding midfielder and Barry isn't the best ball winner, there is no-one else. We will always have these core players and then the interchangeable parts such as the full backs and strikers for use as/when required.
With you on Yaya toure, he's a box to box midfielder, through and through. As for gareth barry, man city are going onto another level, and players like Barry will be left behind

Irish_Owen said:
inbetween said:

With you on Yaya toure, he's a box to box midfielder, through and through. As for gareth barry, man city are going onto another level, and players like Barry will be left behind

Barry has been brilliant this season, he has definitely moved up a notch on last year where he had some shockers. Whether he can up another gear for the latter stages of Champions League football is another thing though.

Mate, believe me, if you were playing Cl football, gareth barry would have been exposed on countless occasions. He plays well against poorer opposition, but thats as far as i'd go...

a few things to add

Balotelli can not play with Tevez and Dzeko together, I don't see it working well.

What I see is Dzeko and Tevez playing something like Berbatov and Rooney. Tevez right behind Dzeko, while Dzeko will benefit from picking up a lot of tip ins.

Amel said:
a few things to add

Balotelli can not play with Tevez and Dzeko together, I don't see it working well.

What I see is Dzeko and Tevez playing something like Berbatov and Rooney. Tevez right behind Dzeko, while Dzeko will benefit from picking up a lot of tip ins.

I see the three playing two spots. With suspensions, injuries and resting during mid weeks there will be plenty of games for all three. Plus in games we are chasing (rarity I hope) we can bring in the third and have an front three of Mario, Dzeko, Tevez With Silva and AJ supporting.

Your mate who supports Hoffenheim lmao, give it a rest kid, I've been watching full Wolfsburg matches for years and I can tell you than Dzeko is not slow. I won't repeat myself yet again but he is fairly quick off the mark, not blistering but quick enough and strong enough to turn most PL defenders and hold them off.

I have spoken now so I'll have no more arguing, what I have said is fact and I'd appreciate it if you let it rest now.

Pshh, no pace?

Are you kidding me? This guy obviously does not follow the Bundesliga or watch any of his games. Dzeko is the perfect package. He's got incredible technique, on-the-ball power, and agility.. not to mention positioning, finish, etc.

He's the perfect striker.

This guy probably took one look at Edin (6'4) and thought, oh, another big man, probably not fast. Get out of here, go watch some of his games before you run your mouth.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.