Be warned: Dzeko has no/little pace

KeyserSoze said:
Hello everyone,

Another member of bosnian invasion here. I read all that u wrote, and feel need to share some of my knowings about Edin Dzeko.

First of all, it is absolutely wrong to say he has not pace, actually he has very much of it for a guy that tall. I am sure he has more pace then most of central defenders in EPL. Also, for someone who is 6'3 his technique is outstanding, great first touch, playing same good with both feet, he can shoot, dribble, pass, all very well.

If u ask me best comparison is with Zlatan Ibrahimovic at his best. Ibra is maybe just little better technically but Dzeko is better in air, and his workload is better too.

You can never be sure how good will someone be in English league after coming from abroad, but i would definitely put my money that he will be more then fine.

I hope he ll score a lot of goals for You and help u to win some titles.

Cheers and srry if i made some mistakes, English is not my first language.

That'll do for me!

Why the fook anyone is taking Chaz seriously in the first place? - i'll never know....

samharris said:
Amel said:
Hello guys

Been following the forum for a few days since hearing that the deal is almost done.

First and foremost, Dzeko has very good pace...I'm from Bosnia too, so I followed almost every game he has played since arriving to Wolfsburg. I also have been following every game Man City has played this season. Let that be clear, he has pace.

My personal opinion is that Man City needs Dzeko and Dzeko needs Man City. He is built for English football. Dzeko is 6'3, a superb leap and air control. His header is spot on. My god, how many games have I seen him score a goal with his head and say to my self, how the hell did he do that. He has a really great feel for the ball high up.

Don't want to go into details about his foot control, many of you seen his games. He's just that great.

Now what really bothers me sometimes about him, but in some way I understand it because he's young and wants to score, Edin Dzeko can be selfish. There have been numerous occasions where he clearly could have passed the ball to someone else to score but he took it upon himself. This could be a problem if Tevez takes this to personal, or maybe to heart. On the other hand, if he plays in front of Tevez, this might not be that much of a problem. But again, you will notice that he does not pass the ball a lot.

As Mancini said, Dzeko can make a difference winning or losing the title. He is no joke. I think he'll fit easily into English soccer. The weather should not be a problem and his personal work ethic suits the English way.

Cheers and enjoy Dzekos goals...it'll be great.

Thanks Amel, lets hope this the first of many posts for you on here. :)

:) I'll chip in from time to time

Hamann Pineapple said:
Amel said:
Hello guys

Been following the forum for a few days since hearing that the deal is almost done.

First and foremost, Dzeko has very good pace...I'm from Bosnia too, so I followed almost every game he has played since arriving to Wolfsburg. I also have been following every game Man City has played this season. Let that be clear, he has pace.

My personal opinion is that Man City needs Dzeko and Dzeko needs Man City. He is built for English football. Dzeko is 6'3, a superb leap and air control. His header is spot on. My god, how many games have I seen him score a goal with his head and say to my self, how the hell did he do that. He has a really great feel for the ball high up.

Don't want to go into details about his foot control, many of you seen his games. He's just that great.

Now what really bothers me sometimes about him, but in some way I understand it because he's young and wants to score, Edin Dzeko can be selfish. There have been numerous occasions where he clearly could have passed the ball to someone else to score but he took it upon himself. This could be a problem if Tevez takes this to personal, or maybe to heart. On the other hand, if he plays in front of Tevez, this might not be that much of a problem. But again, you will notice that he does not pass the ball a lot.

As Mancini said, Dzeko can make a difference winning or losing the title. He is no joke. I think he'll fit easily into English soccer. The weather should not be a problem and his personal work ethic suits the English way.

Cheers and enjoy Dzekos goals...it'll be great.

Thanks Amel. Welcome to the forum. I think most good strikers have a selfish streak and Tevez has been guiltier than most of late. Out of interest, have many Bosnians played alongside Serbs that you know of ?

When you look at it that way, yea Tevez does the same thing.

I don't see a Bosnian playing alongside a Serb as a problem...at the end of the day they all are professionals and want to earn their money.

I'm full of Bow and can't be arsed with witty or intelligent reposts, so just fuck off will you.

CitySlickers said:
With all the movement of Tevez around the pitch, there are so many occasions when we have nobody at all up front giving the opposing defenders something to think about.

the game against Blackpool is an exact example

Arry is Bent said:
I keep hearing people on here saying "he has a turn of pace".

No, no, no, no. He doesn't.

I have spoken to a mate of mine whom supports Hoffenheim and watches him regularly.

He is simply not that type of forward whom plays off the last defender.

Don't start slagging him when he comes because he isn't fast.

He is a target man, a goal poacher and a fantastic finisher NOT a pacy forward.

This wum still here then?

Did you read he had no pace from the manager of the team you support the other day?

He doesn't have blistering pace, but he's no slouch, unusual thread i have to say. And anyway, guy makes up for it with intelligence, excellent technique, and a fantastic first touch. Top player

For those who are saying would he start ahead of Tevez.. Tevez can play off the striker, he did for United. Assuming we went to a wider system Carlos could easily play off Dzeko that would fill the midfield gap created by Silva playing his 'hole' role. He has the work rate to play deep and with Silva in that area... Scary thought really the amount of chances that could be created. I think Tevez playing off Dzeko would suit his tenacious style of player better, he just won't score as many but really if Dzeko is firing all cylinders who's that arsed?

Dzeko does not have the pace but nowadays pace is a non issue with teams blocking up midfield and not going for it, he will be a vital link and give us yet another dimension to our team.

I'd be shitting it if i was a defender because not only do we have the creative genius of Silva who can destroy defences with a pass but we have AJ who can cross and beat full backs repeatedly, Milner on form can cross brilliantly, Yaya Toure is a running tank, Tevez has the craziest work rate i've ever seen mixed with a poacher and finisher in Dzeko.

Power-wank time.

inbetween said:
For those who are saying would he start ahead of Tevez.. Tevez can play off the striker, he did for United. Assuming we went to a wider system Carlos could easily play off Dzeko that would fill the midfield gap created by Silva playing his 'hole' role. He has the work rate to play deep and with Silva in that area... Scary thought really the amount of chances that could be created. I think Tevez playing off Dzeko would suit his tenacious style of player better, he just won't score as many but really if Dzeko is firing all cylinders who's that arsed?
Dzeko plays exceptionally well in that role aswell, scoring over twenty a season, whilst still creating a lot of chances for others, just look how many goals grafite scored. If he can form that kind of partnership with Tevez, they'll be a force for sure..

Irish_Owen said:
inbetween said:
Dzeko plays exceptionally well in that role aswell, scoring over twenty a season, whilst still creating a lot of chances for others, just look how many goals grafite scored. If he can form that kind of partnership with Tevez, they'll be a force for sure..

Whatever happens Dzeko will get many chances and from what i've heard he doesn't really miss. Perfect.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.