Beatles documentary “Get Back”

No surprise that as a self confessed Beatles nut, I fucking love the footage.

As regards the songs, one of the most astonishing things is that even here, just 7 months from the end, their output is astonishing. They’d only released the White Album in November ‘68 and here they are barely 3 months later with not just an album’s worth of songs for Let It Be, but also Harrison’s “Something” and “All Things Must Pass”, McCartney’s “She Came In Through The Bathroom Window” and Lennon’s “Gimme Some Truth”, 2 of which tracks ended up on Abbey Road and the other 2 on solo offerings. Why they never came up with a final version of “All Things Must Pass”, despite multiple takes, is genuinely baffling.
What a fucking group they were. The best there ever was or will ever be
Word.

Why they never came up with a final version of “All Things Must Pass”, despite multiple takes, is genuinely baffling.
What a fucking group they were. The best there ever was or will ever be
Apparently according to Mark Lewiston in his massive book Tune In. They couldn't get the arrangement right with the limited time restraints, they planned to come back to it but ran out of time.
They all loved the song but couldn't quite get it right. Same with John's 2 songs, Gimme Some Truth and Jealous Guy. Both of which ended up on the Imagine album.

i just watched the first hour and its pure gold
how crazy the idea was of writing a album and preforming it in 2 weeks with tv crews watching your every move.
also yoko knitting and just sitting there watching over john lennon? crazy ? you get to understand the fall out and john was madly in love with her and not really there

i really hope the demo's from all the songs are released and the full gig on the roof shown on its own without cutting in and out

i just watched the first hour and its pure gold
how crazy the idea was of writing a album and preforming it in 2 weeks with tv crews watching your every move.
also yoko knitting and just sitting there watching over john lennon? crazy ? you get to understand the fall out and john was madly in love with her and not really there

i really hope the demo's from all the songs are released and the full gig on the roof shown on its own without cutting in and out
I though to myself, Yoko could do with a smartphone..

Paul’s song writing ability for that album was amazing. The part where he comes up with Get Back in particular

I me mine by George Harrison - really interesting to see how he came up with that

only watched the first episode, but it looks like most of them didn’t want to be there
I like the jokey comment from McCartney in E1 "Ringo has said he doesnt want to go abroad for the film so we could take Jimmy Nichol"
Jimmy did their Australasian tour in 65 because Ringo was having his tonsils out..

Can I ask about this - I wanted to watch it, well maybe not all, but I did want to have a look at how its been cleaned up to look pristine.... I have Disney - but I can't find it. Is it something you have to pay extra for like a new movie? I searched 'Get Back' also 'The Beatles: Get Back' and nothing came up.

Can I ask about this - I wanted to watch it, well maybe not all, but I did want to have a look at how its been cleaned up to look pristine.... I have Disney - but I can't find it. Is it something you have to pay extra for like a new movie? I searched 'Get Back' also 'The Beatles: Get Back' and nothing came up.
Can’t understand why you can’t find it…
You don’t have to pay extra for it. Have you tried looking under documentaries?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.