Behave

I think there is a distinction between posters (and supporters) like you who are naturally pessimistic, downbeat and convey their anxieties as a coping mechanism, and those who are repeatedly vituperative to the players and/or the team, which is what the OP is plainly aimed at.

We’ve all been sat next to them at games - some of us regularly, lamentably. Screaming abuse at a particular player, or loudly vocalising their unhappiness more generally with the team to all of those around them. They have always been amongst us, but still endure to this day, despite our success.

In my view, they are utterly selfish cunts because they project their own neuroses and malcontent onto those around them, without any consideration for the fact that those people might just be there to watch the game and support the team without some angry **** screaming in their ear about what a waste of money Grealish is.

The same applies on here. Malign cunts trying to bring the general vibe down to their level by sucking the life out of others, because it makes them feel better about their own miserable existence.

So it’s not just people dealing with things ‘in their own way’. It’s cunts spoiling the party and stinking the place out without any consideration for those around them.
You talking about me?

Yeah, I guessed that mate. It was the most ridiculous I’ve ever known someone at a game that day.
Never noticed the **** before, and he was as quiet as a mouse at the Villa game. Maybe he’d caught his wife fucking his best mate the morning of the Palace game and had stuck four grams up his hooter before and during the game.

There must be other fans, apart from me, who won’t have Sky, can’t stand the BBC commentaries and only listen on the club app and Alistair Mann’s commentary. Now too old and too far away to go to matches. I presume those on the match day thread are watching the matches via some means, so I follow the comments to get some perspective. The constructive criticisms and humour is great but I often can’t stand the way some players are targeted. It’s unfair, they don’t deserve it after all the good times they’ve treated us too.
Total agreement re the club app with Alister Mann and Brownie / Nicky Weaver / the Goat/ Big Andy and the best thing is there is no bias they call it as it is.

Total agreement re the club app with Alister Mann and Brownie / Nicky Weaver / the Goat/ Big Andy and the best thing is there is no bias they call it as it is.

Actually, as someone who quite often listens to the OS commentary and doesn't get to see the match till the following day, I'm often struck by how Alistair Mann's commentary makes it sound as though we're under the cosh, as though the opposition are breaking and there is real danger, and when I watch the match back I think, no, we had all that pretty much under control, there were four defenders back for three of their attackers — and not just any old defenders, either — or one of the opposition were going on a good run down the wing but with absolutely nobody up to his pace from his side, so that he had to hold the ball up and finally cut it back inside.
Drives me nuts, because I really tense up when I can't see a game with my own eyes, and can only listen to someone else's version of it.
Really appreciate Morrisson's comments. You can see that he looks at it not merely as a former player, but as a manager.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.