Being Treated like schoolkids by UEFA on Wednesday again

I have a raging hangover this morning so at this exact moment in time, I really don't care if I never ever see another pint.
Sure I''ll be better by Wednesday, mind you

Didsbury Dave said:
Ricster said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I'm just making plans as usual with my mates and family to meet up for a pint before the Napoli game. Unless it's a special occasion that's what I always do at City. Meet my mates, have a pint, watch the game and go home.

I've just remembered that no alcohol is for sale at these games. Who the fuck do UEFA think they are, patronising paying football fans like this? Football is an entertainment business. If you go to the theatre it's routine to have a drink. If you go to a gig you havea drink. People like it. I like it. I don't get drunk. I don't smash the place up. I don't abuse anyone. I have a pint or two with my mates and enjoy myself.

Are they trying to teach us that we don't need alcohol to have a good time?Assuming we all just fucking lap it up like good little school children? The partonising bastards. Will City Square be open or will the powers that be deem me, the paying customer, to not be worthy of enough trust to have a couple of pints there either?

I can enjoy the game without a beer of course. And I can go to the pub 100 yards away to cheat the system. That's not the point. It's about time UEFA realised that we are paying customers with free choice, not naughty school children.

And while I'm at it, isn't it about time beer was allowed to be drunk in the stands again in the premier league? What a pointless, ridiculous rule. That's our government, not UEFA. And, like with the other Taylor report recommendations, we all just lap it up and feel grateful.

I know City have their hands tied, I'm not blaming them at all. But it's about time football in general started to realise that it is nothing without us paying matchday fans. If we don't turn up their precious TV product will die.

Get Ollie Holt to do a story for you

any luck finding a girlfriend?

Yeah thanks :)

at Juventus away last season they were selling alcoholic beer in the ground

whitt said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
It makes it worse really as people just hammer more down quicker before they go

Do what I do and take a hip flask full of 80% proof Absinthe in with you too. We'll show those UEFA bastards they can't stop us.

Doesn't that make you long for the old days at Maine Road, as 'Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder!!!'

I'll get my coat !!

I imagine because the rule bans 'sale of alcohol within the ground' I can't see why City square won't be serving beer.

The safety nannies should move with the times, its the snort heads who are this generations fuckwits. Bag of the old charlie big spuds and fight the world.

Here's the UEFA safety and security regulation. Published 2006. Those that think there was alcohol in beer served to them or any home fan at away games governed by UEFA is wrong.

Article 36 – Distribution of alcohol
The match organiser must ensure that:
a) no public sale or distribution of alcohol is permitted within the stadium or its private environs;
b) all alcohol-free drinks which are sold or distributed are dispensed in paper or openplastic containers which cannot be used in a dangerous manner.

This has nothing to do with Heineken sponsorship. Heineken are interested in the exposure for their Heineken & Amstel brands through various media (lucrative new deal just signed to help with online exposure- I assume that's an advert before online highlights footage- except for certain countries where it's banned). A few thousand pints of beer sold in the ground on a CL game even if they forced it to be Heineken/Amstel is nothing compared to the advertising exposure gained by being a preferred partner.

Question: 36a: Private environs- does that mean within Etihad campus? i.e. City Square?

Not arsed about it myself as I don't drink at home games, I might have the odd one on aways, but I'd rather not be bursting for a slash half way through the first half. Unfortunately there are too many knob heads about who can't control how they act or use alcohol consumption as an excuse for bad behaviour. It used to be the measure of a man to be able to drink and not act like a tosser, but those days are long gone.

lunaazul said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I'm just making plans as usual with my mates and family to meet up for a pint before the Napoli game. Unless it's a special occasion that's what I always do at City. Meet my mates, have a pint, watch the game and go home.

I've just remembered that no alcohol is for sale at these games. Who the fuck do UEFA think they are, patronising paying football fans like this? Football is an entertainment business. If you go to the theatre it's routine to have a drink. If you go to a gig you havea drink. People like it. I like it. I don't get drunk. I don't smash the place up. I don't abuse anyone. I have a pint or two with my mates and enjoy myself.

Are they trying to teach us that we don't need alcohol to have a good time?Assuming we all just fucking lap it up like good little school children? The partonising bastards. Will City Square be open or will the powers that be deem me, the paying customer, to not be worthy of enough trust to have a couple of pints there either?

I can enjoy the game without a beer of course. And I can go to the pub 100 yards away to cheat the system. That's not the point. It's about time UEFA realised that we are paying customers with free choice, not naughty school children.

And while I'm at it, isn't it about time beer was allowed to be drunk in the stands again in the premier league? What a pointless, ridiculous rule. That's our government, not UEFA. And, like with the other Taylor report recommendations, we all just lap it up and feel grateful

I know City have their hands tied, I'm not blaming them at all. But it's about time football in general started to realise that it is nothing without us paying matchday fans. If we don't turn up their precious TV product will die.

Spot on.

What is the situation re: City Square? I'm bringing a Liverpool fan to his first City match and wanted to introduce him to the delights of the pies and beer.

Why? Dont the have pies and beer at anfield?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.