Belgium v Slovakia - Mon 17th June, 17:00 | Euro 2024 Group E

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
jfc so much paranoia here. the rules are stupid but they exist, they haven’t been invented an hour ago to mess with belgium. i’ve seen many idiotic handball decisions because the rulee are idiotic.

belgium should have wiped the floor with slovakia, why did tedesco wait so long to make subs.

If you watch from certain angle over and over again, in super slowmotion or even stop the image, it loses all reality. That is exactly what happens with VAR decisions. Or the influence on the ref when he stands in front if the tv screen.
And all this takes away the charm if the game.

Anyways Belgium was simply unlucky. It wasn’t to be. I think they will come back vs Romania and Ukraine.

Wouldn’t be the first time the team that loses the opening game wins the tournament. 1988.

One of the most underwhelming national teams in modern era. A golden generation and yet no trophies.
Funny how Belgium always get stick for this yet England have won nowt too, with much more quality.

Not easy to win international silverware. But yes, Belgium have been underwhelming. Just don't think going trophyless should be a surprise.

His arm hits the defender before he touches the ball, it can’t go anywhere, absolute nonsense from that yank.
She's a paid apparatchik - her brief is to spout abolute nonsense. We've seen shite upon shite, shambles upon shambles over the last five or ten seasons from IFAB and the law makers, particularly re the handball law. But remember, it's a fantastic way to manipulate a game! We didn't have VAR or snickometers but what was a more obvious handball - the Thierry Henry one or this one tonight.

I have no faith or confidence in the application of VAR and this new phenomenon, the snickometer, because the people who are operating it don't fill me with an ounce of confidence.

jfc so much paranoia here. the rules are stupid but they exist, they haven’t been invented an hour ago to mess with belgium. i’ve seen many idiotic handball decisions because the rulee are idiotic.

belgium should have wiped the floor with slovakia, why did tedesco wait so long to make subs.

Yeah Belgium have responsibility for their failings.
I'm guessing you'd be quite as philosophical to see your own national team on the wrong end of these stupid rules.

Belgium can also blame themselves. Trossard offered nothing in the first half and Lukaku was beyond wasteful.

The decision was shit but it’s not surprising as the rules state such. If the rules from UEFA and IFAB say that’s a handball then I can only put my hands up. Wonder if they consider all that jostling and such when making these rules.

Well put. My frustration with the handball rule is that they have always had it in the laws of the game that the spirit is it needs to be “deliberate”.

Let’s be honest how often do you see an actual deliberate handball? Basically never with a few notable exceptions (e.g. Suarez).

Yes, you see some players extend their bodies to make themselves bigger and block the ball and that’s a grey area when the clear intention is to block a shot unfairly.

But the standard for me is way way way too low. It never used to be that way. I said a few weeks ago if you go and watch the Gillingham 99 highlights, in the first minute of the game the Gills defender handballs it and nobody even appeals… but today that would be given 100% of the time.

If it were up to me I’d probably blow for a handball about once every 50 games or something because the incidence of actual deliberate actions is incredibly low. It ruins the game because the penalty is often massively disproportionate to the offence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.