Belgium v Slovakia - Mon 17th June, 17:00 | Euro 2024 Group E

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Slovakia with some balls of steel. Phenomenal effort. Hopefully, Romania & Slovakia send Belgium home. KDB tired enough as it is. Jeremy could use some more time with Pep.
????? Bunch of fuckin' pussies. Or was all that rolling around whenever a Belgian breathed on 'em just an incredible episode of fakery?

Well put. My frustration with the handball rule is that they have always had it in the laws of the game that the spirit is it needs to be “deliberate”.

Let’s be honest how often do you see an actual deliberate handball? Basically never with a few notable exceptions (e.g. Suarez).

Yes, you see some players extend their bodies to make themselves bigger and block the ball and that’s a grey area when the clear intention is to block a shot unfairly.

But the standard for me is way way way too low. It never used to be that way. I said a few weeks ago if you go and watch the Gillingham 99 highlights, in the first minute of the game the Gills defender handballs it and nobody even appeals… but today that would be given 100% of the time.

If it were up to me I’d probably blow for a handball about once every 50 games or something because the incidence of actual deliberate actions is incredibly low. It ruins the game because the penalty is often massively disproportionate to the offence.

I'd have little issue with var flagging up a potential handball then completely leaving the ref to decide what the context of the contact was and was an advantage gained.

????? Bunch of fuckin' pussies. Or was all that rolling around whenever a Belgian breathed on 'em just an incredible episode of fakery?
A bunch of pussies are Belgians who can't beat 39-year-olds playing for Slovakia, a country with 1/100 of the financial resources put into football compared to Belgium.

Well put. My frustration with the handball rule is that they have always had it in the laws of the game that the spirit is it needs to be “deliberate”.

Let’s be honest how often do you see an actual deliberate handball? Basically never with a few notable exceptions (e.g. Suarez).

Yes, you see some players extend their bodies to make themselves bigger and block the ball and that’s a grey area when the clear intention is to block a shot unfairly.

But the standard for me is way way way too low. It never used to be that way. I said a few weeks ago if you go and watch the Gillingham 99 highlights, in the first minute of the game the Gills defender handballs it and nobody even appeals… but today that would be given 100% of the time.

If it were up to me I’d probably blow for a handball about once every 50 games or something because the incidence of actual deliberate actions is incredibly low. It ruins the game because the penalty is often massively disproportionate to the offence.
Agree with this.

In some twisted way, all these contentious decisions still keeps the game exciting. Even before the tech, there were still controversies. As long as humans are involved, it can only be so.

It is what it is. Only thing a team can do is take their chances and not depend solely on officials.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.