Belgium v Slovakia - Mon 17th June, 17:00 | Euro 2024 Group E

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not arsed if was Belgium or the Belgian Congo that was playing. Two players running at speed and an apparent goal gets chalked off because some twat with a microscope sees it brushed the attacker's fingernail.
Not to mention the Belgian got shoved which is why it brushed his fingernails in the first place but apparently that doesn't matter, absolute farce of a call.

If you want to see a "deliberate" handball leading to a goal you only have to go back to Arsenal's last game of the PL season versus Everton. Gabriel Jesus virtually "batted" the ball down in the build-up to Kai Havertz' goal. How that was allowed to stand was unbelievable.
Because the PL rules are different than UEFA rules I think, in the PL it's chalked off only if the goalscorer handballs it unlike UEFA.

If you want to see a "deliberate" handball leading to a goal you only have to go back to Arsenal's last game of the PL season versus Everton. Gabriel Jesus virtually "batted" the ball down in the build-up to Kai Havertz' goal. How that was allowed to stand was unbelievable.
This is what leads to my lack of faith in the whistling wankers and the VAR shed wallahs ever coming up with two identical calls. Their first check is 'Who's scored?'

Subs are now taken out rather than off. Subs are now put in rather than on. More Yank style graphics.
It’s worse in the US. They used to at least try to use the English terminology in the “hype” adverts/video packages and buildup/halftime/post-match coverage.

But now everything has become Americanised, even borrowing from American sports.

They have done a “hype” video package for every match so far and pitch is now “field”, football is now “soccer”, attack is now “offence”, keeper is now “goalie”.

And the pundits, apart from Alexi Lalas who has always been an unapologetic jingoistic ****, have begun making American football references like “quarterback” and “Hail Mary”, among others.

It’s maddening to watch. I have to switch it on right when the match kicks off and then switch it off when the final whistle is blown. And even then, they have had the likes of Landon Donovan on co-commentary spouting nonsense.

I posted quite a lot about the growing influence of the American ownerships cabal some months ago, and how they not only want to delegitimise our accomplishments on the pitch but also our business model more generally, with a few telling me I was exaggerating the threat and the impact.

Well, I think the last month or so with the APT challenge shows I wasn’t exaggerating, and this Euro coverage both in the US and UK shows American influence on the game in general is having a unwelcome impact for most of us.

Because the PL rules are different than UEFA rules I think, in the PL it's chalked off only if the goalscorer handballs it unlike UEFA.
The LotG aren't different, surely. It's the variation in their application that is the problem. The PL, as we know, want to 'protect their brand' so a wee tweak here and a wee tweak there and, hey presto, a much preferred outcome.

It’s worse in the US. They used to at least try to use the English terminology in the “hype” adverts/video packages and buildup/halftime/post-match coverage.

But now everything has become Americanised, even borrowing from American sports.

They have done a “hype” video package for every match so far and pitch is now “field”, football is now “soccer”, attack is now “offence”, keeper is now “goalie”.

And the pundits, apart from Alexi Lalas who has always been an unapologetic jingoistic ****, have begun making American football references like “quarterback” and “Hail Mary”, among others.

It’s maddening to watch. I have to switch it on right when the match kicks off and then switch it off when the final whistle is blown. And even then, they have had the likes of Landon Donovan on co-commentary spouting nonsense.

I posted quite a lot about the growing influence of the American ownerships cabal some months ago, and how they not only want to delegitimise our accomplishments on the pitch but also our business model more generally, with a few telling me I was exaggerating the threat and the impact.

Well, I think the last month or so with the APT challenge shows I wasn’t exaggerating, and this Euro coverage both in the US and UK shows American influence on the game in general is having a unwelcome impact for most of us.
Do Yanqui broadcasters give you the option of just crowd noise on the audio or do you have to suffer the nonsense that's spouted?

Do Yanqui broadcasters give you the option of just crowd noise on the audio or do you have to suffer the nonsense that's spouted?
No option for crowd noise, unfortunately.

And you have to pay an arm and a leg for multiple subscription services to watch all the matches, including for a TV service I had literally never heard of before this comp kicked off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.