Belgium v Slovakia - Mon 17th June, 17:00 | Euro 2024 Group E

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Referee was shit the whole game, falling for Slovakia’s diving in first half. Can someone please explain to me the added 7 minutes injury time at the end. There should have been at least 4minutes for VAR check, 30 seconds per substitution and at least 6 minutes for the injuries.
VAR is fine with me, but they should base their decision on replays at normal speed not super slow slow motion speed. It does not give a proper nuanced perspective of an incident. Also, what is the fucking handball rule these days anyway?
Was wanting Belgium to do well for Kev and Doku, think they’ll qualify from group anyway as 3rd place team

Well put. My frustration with the handball rule is that they have always had it in the laws of the game that the spirit is it needs to be “deliberate”.

Let’s be honest how often do you see an actual deliberate handball? Basically never with a few notable exceptions (e.g. Suarez).

Yes, you see some players extend their bodies to make themselves bigger and block the ball and that’s a grey area when the clear intention is to block a shot unfairly.

But the standard for me is way way way too low. It never used to be that way. I said a few weeks ago if you go and watch the Gillingham 99 highlights, in the first minute of the game the Gills defender handballs it and nobody even appeals… but today that would be given 100% of the time.

If it were up to me I’d probably blow for a handball about once every 50 games or something because the incidence of actual deliberate actions is incredibly low. It ruins the game because the penalty is often massively disproportionate to the offence.
My watching experience can quickly go from frustration to blind fury when the so-called catch-everybody handball law that disallows a goal isn't applied in every instance. I was beside myself yesterday in a game where the ref is booking folk for shirt pulling and not booking someone else for shirt pulling. Is there a sliding scale applied to shirt pulling? We'd have had two or three dozen more pens last season had the defenders handing on to Haaland's shirt been penalised.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.