Believe.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
....The biggest reality check for me is the most we can get by winning every game is 96 points.

Just seven points more than we won it with last season. I don't see us winning every game between now and end of the season.

United, at present, have a much larger margin for error, simply because of their current record of turning draws into wins.
Think we will be around 86 points, the same as Liverpool the other year, when I think they lost less than United but had too many draws?

Keep your head mate. The positives are that we don't need to win EVERY game. Seven points more than last year? One point more than last year would have done it wouldn't it? So we we've got a margin. Silva said a few days ago that "WE CAN'T LOSE ANOTHER GAME", which is what we must be quietly putting out to play with their heads. We can, we could conceivably lose two and still be ok.

But we need that lot to start dropping points. I can't see them suddenly massively come off the rails, losing left right and centre cause I just can't see this happening, but is a long slow period where they can't manage to claw those last minute equilisers/winners not possible?

QPR away? West Ham away? Reading at home? Stoke away? Aston Villa home? and now Southampton at home with "new manager syndrome".

Plenty of drawable relegation dogfight battles there and they've also got to play Chelsea and us at the swamp. They haven't got that much of an easy run. Hopefully the push for survival helps us.

I'm believing it can happen

We're going to show them that we can run their down. We showed them last year that we could take the lead early and go on to win it, just about, but we still won it. This year we're going to show them we can pull an early lead back and reel them in.

I am a bit worried about their ability to score whenever they're allowed to put teams under a period of about twenty minutes of sustained pressure though, but I think that we're still probably on an even parr with them even though they do now have RVP, but he's got to have a blip in form hasn't he. A RVP drough would be a good prayer today for all you blues with a religious slant, or isn't this really the sort of miracle you're allowed to ask a devine one for? I've never really got religion.

BlueMoon_1987 said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
We really need a favour from Spurs tomorrow if United win I cant see where there going to drop points.

Surely you're forgetting that we've got to play them at Old Trafford yet?

And anyway, you never know where that lot are going to drop points.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
If this thread were posted at 6pm tonight, and United have dropped points, I'll happily sign up.

Until then... a United victory just reduces our own margin for error even more so.

There are very few teams left on the fixture list who we can legitimately claim can take points from them.

Coupled with our own brilliant form, I still fear this could be one of our most frustrating seasons and we will accumulate points that would have won 60 per cent of titles in recent years.

The biggest reality check for me is the most we can get by winning every game is 96 points.

Just seven points more than we won it with last season. I don't see us winning every game between now and end of the season.

United, at present, have a much larger margin for error, simply because of their current record of turning draws into wins.

Think we will be around 86 points, the same as Liverpool the other year, when I think they lost less than United but had too many draws?
not many teams on the fixture list?! The only "big" team they have played is Liverpool. They still have to face all the big teams we do.

The only teams who in my opinion have a chance of getting points off them
Now are us, chelsea, arsenal, everton, spurs and maybe stoke.

We will have to beat them that's for certain. If they drop points today I will be more confident. If not then I won't. Most of their loseable games are in April and May.

Still if we get 89 points again then we can't grumble and you jus have to hand it to them. Not many teams get 89 points and come 2nd.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
The only teams who in my opinion have a chance of getting points off them
Now are us, chelsea, arsenal, everton, spurs and maybe stoke.

We will have to beat them that's for certain. If they drop points today I will be more confident. If not then I won't. Most of their loseable games are in April and May.

Still if we get 89 points again then we can't grumble and you jus have to hand it to them. Not many teams get 89 points and come 2nd.

We will get 89 and they will come second on goal diff..

again..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.