Bell or Silva?

Colin Bell deservedly romping it so far then, good to see the older, more seasoned and more intelligent older supporters putting these younger whippersnappers in their place. Wonder where King Colin would play in our set up today, centre midfield presumably, pushing up behind the striker?

Bit of an insult to compair YaYa (fucker aint even fit) to Colin, the last 1/4 hr of a match Bell moved about the field like Merlin on a sunny day whizzing off his bollocks....thing was he done it every match. Read somewhere his resting heartbeat was 44bpm.

like a lot have said already,different players.

who would I have if pushed,no question,the king,my 5 year old would have silva though

maybe its my age, 48 now,saw him play many times,i was there the night Buchan ended his career but we still shit on them 4-0 and i'll never stop loving bell.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h2FYGpTwWs[/youtube]

greet to see him handle and beat rednapp and bobby moore so easily

Thanks joe said:
Dan j...
Put it this way... Who's winning the vote so far, !!
King Colin had the lot.. Maybe some older wiser fans can correct me, was there anything he couldn't do..
Probably couldn't beat a man quite in the same way Silva can but there was nothing be couldn't do.

As someone said, he could break up an opposition attack on the edge of our box, ping a 40 yard pass to Buzzer or someone, then be in the opposition box to receive the ball and score with foot or head.

I remember one goal he scored against Ipswich I think. Got the ball about 20 yards out and didn't look much on but calm as you like he bent this wicked curler round the keeper. And that was with a heavier ball.

Silva is too inconsistent for me and hasn't been near his best for over a year and a half now, doesn't match up to Colin Bell at all just yet, may not even reach Bell's standards at all!

dennishasdoneit said:
king Colin for me.

The goal above is probably my all time fav city goal..but there is ANOTHER goal by Bell at stamford bridge which comes close..i,ve see it on here before..similar date to the above..a cross from the left finds Bell in the centre forward position, his first touch is so good it takes the centre half by surprise and he stumbles, Bell then glides into the space, past another defender, draws the on-rushing keeper, and with a deft flick of his right instep, deposits the ball into the corner of the net.

thats probably my second fav all time city goal.

they don,t call him the king for nothing.( hope someone with better pc skills than me can dig out the footage from u tube illustrate the point)

It's probably the first goal here you're talking about , eh dennis ?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqusX5Mwy3A[/youtube]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.