Bellamy and Given

calculated said:
california blue said:
Wont miss Given if he goes

yeah lets put all our hopes on the inexperienced Hart, rated below David James and Rob f****ng Green by Capello. Let's get rid one of the best premiership keepers with bags of experience, rated top 5 in the world by Mancini and second only to buffoon by Trapattoni. Let's all ignore these 3 top italian managers and follow this genius yank. Given out.

The only ture part of your comment is the genius part. Id politely say F U - im manchester born and bread. Sorry you miss-calculated :D

sorry (not really) but I've never been that excited about Given - makes some great saves but he's just too small for me and fukin 'ell it don't half show on too many occassions - i'm from the Big Joe old skool and Big Joe, the new skool, is where its at!!

Shocking to see so many here willing to see Shay go and saying things like "Wont miss Given if he goes".One of the best keepers ever to grace the premier league in my opinion.Joe can learn a lot from him and i would be very surprised if Given does not continue as number 1 this season.Joe has great ability and is a great goalkeeper already in his ownright but he has along way to go to reach Givens standard

gman07 said:
AntonDonJuan said:
If he goes, at least it gives Joe Hart the chance to shine.

Given is a glorified shot stopper, and was found out a little last season.

World Class on his day, but the limits to his all round goalkeeping sticks out like a sore thumb
thats my take on it too... and even if he is healing well noone knows if he comes back to his ability... a shoulder injury is serious for a keeper... i rate Hart higher than Given who on his day is world class and did save us many times last season with some great saves he also let in some dodgy goals....

and I wonder why has Hart shortened his holiday to travel to US a week earlier... is there something in there that we dont know off...

Thanks for Info Blue dallas!

Yeah, Given aint a bad shot stopper on his day, but doesn't command his area well enough for me... Need a better back up keeper than Taylor, if S.G. does leave, though.

“I’m learning the most from Craig Bellamy. He’s fast, he’s clever, he’s very experienced and there’s so much I can take from training with and against him. He’s always helping me, if I make a mistake he shows me what to do and he gets on my case like you might expect! But it’s all positive and you can’t help but pick things up from him.”
Kieran Tripper on the os.

This is another reason he must stay beside the fact we have no one who can do what he does. Kieran is not the firsy kid to say this.

Asa's left peg said:
“I’m learning the most from Craig Bellamy. He’s fast, he’s clever, he’s very experienced and there’s so much I can take from training with and against him. He’s always helping me, if I make a mistake he shows me what to do and he gets on my case like you might expect! But it’s all positive and you can’t help but pick things up from him.”

This is another reason he must stay beside the fact we have no one who can do what he does. Kieran is not the firsy kid to say this.

Excellent point - the squad needs elder players to bring through the youth

Asa's left peg said:

good post and good point; also I never yet heard a negative thing aboot City from Craig and right from the off he said he wanted to be part of the project and stay part of it even when better players than himself came in, REALLY hope he stays, and Shay too actually (personally hope Joe gets number 1 spot at start of season but want Shay as cover)

I think Bobby is trying to get a balance in the squad not just the team and with all these young quality players coming in we need older heads. Joe is a much better keeper than 12 months ago and probably should be number 1 this season, but still isnt the finished article, so if Shay can accept a lot less game time - so be it. They may not be being used for promos because they will not be the stars of his campagn. May be its too late for Micah and Ned to learn and step up to Jeromes and Kolorovs level (i dont believe it is too late) but Kieran and other Mancs like Michael Ball should benefit.

Lumberjack Pete7 said:
i don't belive people turning on given. the amount of times last season he stopped us from going 3-4 goals behind. I have no doubt we would have 4th place if he played against the yids. he is one of the best in the prem.
I can't think of ANY game last season, when he saved us 3 or 4 goals(the year before at home to Boro he did)and I went to all but 2 games home and away. As for the Spurs game, Fulop was outstanding that day and it was much more the case of the better side winning and whatever your view on Given it's doubtful he would have helped us score that day and we needed to win to gain that 4th spot(I know Spurs lost their last game, but I'm sure if it had counted they wouldn't).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.