Bellamy and Given

prestwichblue92 said:
Bellamy rumoured to be in advanced talks with Celtic

I can't see that. What are they going to buy him with? Brass buttons?

All this talk about Given not controlling his box....Neither does Hart. Given is, marginally, still the better keeper in my eyes.

As for questioning Capello...yes, hevmade some mistakes recently but he is a far better judge of a player than any of us. At least he has the medals to back it up

Wolfsburg boss Steve McLaren fails in bid to sign Manchester City misfit Craig Bellamy on loan
By Sportsmail Reporter Last updated at 10:01 PM on 20th July 2010
Comments (0) Add to My Stories Steve McClaren has failed in a fresh bid to take Craig Bellamy on a season's loan.

Wolfsburg's boss had originally hoped to strike a permanent deal for the Wales captain but was rebuffed six weeks ago, as revealed by Sportsmail.
In demand: Former England boss Steve McClaren wants Craig Bellamy on loan
He returned over the weekend hoping to lure Bellamy to Germany on a temporary deal but that too has been rejected.

Sampdoria, meanwhile, are confident of signing City winger Vladimir

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1296353/Wolfsburg-boss-Steve-McLaren-fails-bid-sign-Manchester-City-misfit-Craig-Bellamy-loan.html?ito=feeds-newsxml#ixzz0uG7WvbDe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z0uG7WvbDe</a>

AJ71 said:
Wolfsburg boss Steve McLaren fails in bid to sign Manchester City misfit Craig Bellamy on loan
By Sportsmail Reporter Last updated at 10:01 PM on 20th July 2010
Comments (0) Add to My Stories Steve McClaren has failed in a fresh bid to take Craig Bellamy on a season's loan.

Wolfsburg's boss had originally hoped to strike a permanent deal for the Wales captain but was rebuffed six weeks ago, as revealed by Sportsmail.
In demand: Former England boss Steve McClaren wants Craig Bellamy on loan
He returned over the weekend hoping to lure Bellamy to Germany on a temporary deal but that too has been rejected.

Sampdoria, meanwhile, are confident of signing City winger Vladimir

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1296353/Wolfsburg-boss-Steve-McLaren-fails-bid-sign-Manchester-City-misfit-Craig-Bellamy-loan.html?ito=feeds-newsxml#ixzz0uG7WvbDe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z0uG7WvbDe</a>
At his age I really can't see the point in loaning him anywhere.

Seems to me that blues are split 50/50 as to who's the best keeper, obviously there's not much to choose between them.

The question is can we keep both happy?

If not then I think Hart is the one to keep, simply because we could get 10 years out of him. I'd love it if he became our new Big Joe.

If Shay goes, how about David James as a coach/mentor/back-up to Joe?

Ok, he probably wants more first team football but you never know, he's getting on a bit and might be persuaded by one final bumper contract?

Cant believe were talking of shay going? we must remember why we brought him to the club in the first place.. Joe Hart and schmeichel were not good enough, Hart is a good shot stopper but doesnt or should i say didnt come off his line at all and was found wanting a lot of the time.. He did have a good season with the brummies but that doesnt mean we should be thinking of letting one of the most consistant keppers in the prem leave No Way..we need the competition for all places...Pls do not get rid, but point taken on the injury front but lets wait and see

Has no one pointed out the absurdity in that Daily Fail article?

Absolute bollocks of the highest order!

blue dallas said:
I have a pal who works for a company who deals with some of city's advertising campaigns.
They have been told by the club not to use any pics of Craig and Shay
in forthcoming promo shots .
I had a feeling Bellamy was off , but Given !
No way.
More to do with the fact that they break camera lenses and scare young children!

Manc in London said:
prestwichblue92 said:
Bellamy rumoured to be in advanced talks with Celtic

I can't see that. What are they going to buy him with? Brass buttons?

All this talk about Given not controlling his box....Neither does Hart. Given is, marginally, still the better keeper in my eyes.

As for questioning Capello...yes, hevmade some mistakes recently but he is a far better judge of a player than any of us. At least he has the medals to back it up

The problem with Given though is that he doesn't even control his 6 yard box. I think Given is a decent keeper and I realise that hart doesn't dominate his area as much as one would like. However, at least Hart has the attributes to do so (he looked better at it last season and will do more as he continues to develop) and even now, he does so better than Given who just cannot do it because he just isn't tall enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.