Bellamy on his future (and the fall out) {merged}

Re: Bellamy on his future

An average player who had the form of his career for a few months last season, he's never likely to repeat that form at his age and with his fitness problems, in his more recent form he will not be missed. He's hardly the model pro either so no real surprise he's burnt his bridges at yet another club.

A cynical person could be forgiven for interpreting that interview as 'I'm not handing in a transfer request because it'd cost me a few bob but I'd jump at the chance to go to Cardiff'.

Lancet Fluke said:
stony said:
Why not? He didn't slag the club off. He even said he wanted to fight for his place.

Really, that's what you got from that interview? I'm astonished. I think Shaelumstash was right, some people are being incredibly naive if they think that interview wasn't very negative about the club and effectively Bellamy agitating for a move. Bellamy is a clever bloke so he didn't just come out and say, "the people at the club are twats and I want a move" but frankly, he may as well have done.

Agitating for a move ? How can you be so blisteringly stupid when Bellamy stated in the same interview that City have told him he could talk to Wolfsburg. Why the hell would he need to agitate a move when the club are actively trying to sell him?

Seeing the interview with him has made me feel sad and gas left a bitter taste in my mouth, he obviously wants to stay and us good enough to be in the final 25 so IMO it's a no brainer but really hop we don't make the wrong call! :(

stony said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Really, that's what you got from that interview? I'm astonished. I think Shaelumstash was right, some people are being incredibly naive if they think that interview wasn't very negative about the club and effectively Bellamy agitating for a move. Bellamy is a clever bloke so he didn't just come out and say, "the people at the club are twats and I want a move" but frankly, he may as well have done.

Agitating for a move ? How can you be so blisteringly stupid when Bellamy stated in the same interview that City have told him he could talk to Wolfsburg. Why the hell would he need to agitate a move when the club are actively trying to sell him?

Ok sorry for bieng blisteringly stupid. That interview was obviously nothing to do with alerting clubs to his plight and clearly he wasn't slagging the club off when talking about how the club treats players. My mistake. I suppose it is possible to take what you want from an interview and we'll have to agree to disagree. I have no agenda against Bellamy, I would like him to stay in many respects but I really didn't see the interview in the way you did.

IF HE IS NOT ONE OF OUR BEST 25 PLAYERS, MY WHOTSIT"S A TOADSTOOL. !

I completely disagree with the majority of folks in this thread.

1. If Bellamy has shown Mancini a lack of respect during his tenure, then I stand by the managers decision to cast him aside.

2. You need harmony in the squad with everyone pulling in the right direction. Mancini has one of the toughest jobs in football right now and doesn't need it being made more so by those who break ranks.

3. Balotelli, Milner, Johnson and Silva can all play on the left. The position has been more than replaced.

4. One person said that this wouldn't happen at United - do I really need to mention Stam, Beckham, Keane, almost Nani? If you aren't on board with the manager or rock the boat, Taggart will fuck you off with the quickness. A d the likes of Stam were far more important to United at the time than Bellamy is to us now.

Don't get me wrong, I like the guy. He provided some memorable moments last year and won much of his detractors over. But i am far more concerned with the welfare of the manager and his squad than any individual within it.

stony said:
Lancet Fluke said:

He was banging on about Cardiff as soon as last season finished, I suppose it's possible he's not touting for a move and that he just likes talking about Cardiff City in public interviews.

Lancet Fluke said:
stony said:
Why not? He didn't slag the club off. He even said he wanted to fight for his place.

That's not what i heard mate. I heard a dismayed player who gives 110% who can't understand what he has to do to be picked when he is coming off of the most successfull season of his career. All he said was he wants to stay at City but that looks impossible. It's madness.

Project said:
I completely disagree with the majority of folks in this thread.

1. If Bellamy has shown Mancini a lack of respect during his tenure, then I stand by the managers decision to cast him aside.

2. You need harmony in the squad with everyone pulling in the right direction. Mancini has one of the toughest jobs in football right now and doesn't need it being made more so by those who break ranks.

3. Balotelli, Milner, Johnson and Silva can all play on the left. The position has been more than replaced.

4. One person said that this wouldn't happen at United - do I really need to mention Stam, Beckham, Keane, almost Nani? If you aren't on board with the manager or rock the boat, Taggart will fuck you off with the quickness. A d the likes of Stam were far more important to United at the time than Bellamy is to us now.

Don't get me wrong, I like the guy. He provided some memorable moments last year and won much of his detractors over. But i am far more concerned with the welfare of the manager and his squad than any individual within it.

Brilliant post, agree 100%.

The United players respect Ferguson but they also fear him, this brings the very best out of them. Mancini seems to be taking on similar techniques with his players, fuck with the boss and your off.

I'm all for it myself.

Carly obvious to me that it's not a matter of him being in our best 25, it's whether or not he can work effectively with the manager, and the manager can work effectively with him. If not there is only one sensible solution.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.