Bellamy on his future (and the fall out) {merged}

Re: Bellamy on his future

BlakeTheBlue said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Really, that's what you got from that interview? I'm astonished. I think Shaelumstash was right, some people are being incredibly naive if they think that interview wasn't very negative about the club and effectively Bellamy agitating for a move. Bellamy is a clever bloke so he didn't just come out and say, "the people at the club are twats and I want a move" but frankly, he may as well have done.

That's not what i heard mate. I heard a dismayed player who gives 110% who can't understand what he has to do to be picked when he is coming off of the most successfull season of his career. All he said was he wants to stay at City but that looks impossible. It's madness.

Maybe he shouldn't have behaved like a prick to Mancini last season. I'm pretty sure he isn't out of favour for footballing reasons. He's a bright bloke, I'm pretty sure he knows exactly why he isn't in the reckoning. Unfortunately being bright doesn't stop him from causing trouble.

It doesn't matter how talented an individual is, if he doesn't buy into what his manager is doing and attempts to belittle him then there is only one winner.

Personally I'd like him to stay, learn to keep his mouth shut and pretend to go along with his bosses ideas, like most of us lot have to at work.

Lancet Fluke said:
BlakeTheBlue said:
That's not what i heard mate. I heard a dismayed player who gives 110% who can't understand what he has to do to be picked when he is coming off of the most successfull season of his career. All he said was he wants to stay at City but that looks impossible. It's madness.

Maybe he shouldn't have behaved like a prick to Mancini last season. I'm pretty sure he isn't out of favour for footballing reasons. He's a bright bloke, I'm pretty sure he knows exactly why he isn't in the reckoning. Unfortunately being bright doesn't stop him from causing trouble.

I'm torn mate. I love Bellers and think he can offer a lot. I also think he will bite us on our arses if we move him along. But i do see your point that it would be better for all involved for him to keep shtum and air his grievances to the club rather than the media.

Saying that however Bellers has never been the type of guy who pulls his punches. He's a very honest fella though and genuinely seems bemused at being pushed out. I remember all the Bellamy/Mancini stuff was all paper talk when Mancini first joined. I also remember both Bellamy and Mancini dismissing any talk of a "Riff" and Bellamy going on to have the best season of his career. I don't think there is any major problem between them. Nothing that can't be sorted. Just sad to see him leave over bollocks.

Also, can anyone remember a single standout performance from Bellamy under Mancini? I'm struggling. Even the Chelsea game was turgid for the most part.

stony said:
Shaelumstash said:
My apologies, that makes everything he has said alright.

No it just makes you wrong. There's actually no point in arguing with you because you won't see any other point of view. I've just had a quick look at your posting history and you really have an agenda against Bellamy. It seems to stem from your love of all thinks Robbie and Bellamy outperforming him and getting all the praise your darling Robbie should have got. Did you only become a City fan when he signed ?

Wow, i'm flattered that you have researched my post history. If you had read a little more thoroughly you will see that I have been going home and away for over 20 years. I have absolutely no agenda against Bellamy, I actually think he was alright last season. The only agenda I have is against small minded City fans who let "hard work", "graft" and "tracking back" completely cloud their judgement of a players technical or personal failings. It seems your opinion on this Bellamy matter falls in to that category perfectly.

I do see other people's point of view, particularly when it is a reasoned and intelligent point. Trying to score points because of whether Bellamy was speaking at a conference arranged by the Welsh FA or not really holds no relevance to what we are talking about does it? If it makes you feel better though, I hold my hands up, I was wrong, I didn't realise the interview took place in a Welsh FA arranged venue. I'm truly sorry.

BlakeTheBlue said:
Lancet Fluke said:

I'm torn mate. I love Bellers and think he can offer a lot. I also think he will bite us on our arses if we move him along. But i do see your point that it would be better for all involved for him to keep shtum and air his grievances to the club rather than the media.

Saying that however Bellers has never been the type of guy who pulls his punches. He's a very honest fella though and genuinely seems bemused at being pushed out. I remember all the Bellamy/Mancini stuff was all paper talk when Mancini first joined. I also remember both Bellamy and Mancini dismissing any talk of a "Riff" and Bellamy going on to have the best season of his career. I don't think there is any major problem between them. Nothing that can't be sorted. Just sad to see him leave over bollocks.

If Mancini and Bellamy could sort it out, I would be very happy. It will undoubtedly be a shame to lose him. But I can see why Mancini would just want rid. Shame that they can't sort it, but clearly they aren't going to now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.