Bellamy on his future (and the fall out) {merged}

YourBirdCanSing said:
Well ... Looks like he'll be out in some form or another before the deadline: <a class="postlink" href="http://tiny.cc/2yzkk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://tiny.cc/2yzkk</a>

Whether these interviews are pre meditated, or an honest guy shooting from the hip, it doesn't matter. He's gone against Mancini, and he's lost. Last night he asked Toshack for a full 90 mins, 'cos he's had so little game time pre-season. In the interview after the game, a BBC presenter told him about not being in the Europa league squad. The club hadn't. He's finished at City, sadly.

It's bad news for 2 reasons:

1. We're losing one of our best players. Forget his knees - last season he scored 10, had the most assists, and the best attitude of any player on the pitch bar Tevez. He linked up brilliantly with Carlos, and opposition teams HATED playing against him. If it hadn't been for Tevez's goals, Bellamy would have been our player of the season, No doubt about it.

2. I understand the manager has to have authority. But it has to be consistent. Mancini isn't showing strength here, he's showing exactly the same weakness we all criticized Hughes for. You can't let some players behave differently from others. Otherwise, nobody knows where they stand. Tevez speaks out against the training sessions, and he's made Club Captain. Bellamy speaks out, and he's forced out.

It's exactly what Hughes did. Robihno and Elano both behaved badly, but Hughes supported Robhino and scapegoated Elano. And exactly how did Robinho re-pay that loyalty? By taking the piss. Stand by for Tevez to do the same in the next 2 years.

Bellamy is an idiot, no question. But he's a great player. A vital player for us.

Mancini should have tried harder to work with him.If not, he should be consistent, and offload everyone who's ever criticized him publicly, (including Tevez, Robinho & Given).

Be consistent, or don't make a stand at all. This is BAD management.

Some good points but overlooks the fact that Mancini called Tevez out publicly shortly after being confirmed in the job with his 'if players are unhappy it is best they should leave' call which was directly aimed at Tevez. Tevez looked at his options and promptly got into line. You only have to read the puff piece from Tevez the other week about how Mancini 'has improved him as a player' to know that Tevez is reading from the authorised text.

As for Robbie it took Mancini what 4 weeks to fuck him off to Brazil? You are right about Hughes being poorly repaid for his loyalty and Mancini wasn't stupid enough to suffer the same fate and nothing says f**k off like being made to play at Scunthorpe with the rest of the B team.

Mancini is consistent and was very clear that this season it was going to be a tough environment so those that didn't like it or him could examine their options and ship out.

Bellamy and Ireland were different in that they would be happy to knuckle down and stay. Trouble is Mancini doesn't want them and unlike last season when he needed Bellamy and played him with the new additions he doesn't need Bellamy so wants him moved on. Which happens. Bellamy being Bellamy decided to burn his bridges something which City no doubt where waiting to happen and will now ship him out like a bad smell.

All players - not just the perceived 'superstars' - should remember that Mancini is the boss, when he says jump they should ask: 'How high'? That's how it should be. The manager is paid to manage the team and the players are paid to play for the team - it's not rocket science.

Bellamy has history (to say the least) of being disruptive and if he's deluded himself that he's more important to Manchester City than Roberto Mancini then there's only going to be one winner - and it won't be Craig Bellamy.

BillyShears said:
YourBirdCanSing said:
Well ... Looks like he'll be out in some form or another before the deadline: <a class="postlink" href="http://tiny.cc/2yzkk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://tiny.cc/2yzkk</a>

Whether these interviews are pre meditated, or an honest guy shooting from the hip, it doesn't matter. He's gone against Mancini, and he's lost. Last night he asked Toshack for a full 90 mins, 'cos he's had so little game time pre-season. In the interview after the game, a BBC presenter told him about not being in the Europa league squad. The club hadn't. He's finished at City, sadly.

1. We're losing one of our best players. Forget his knees - last season he scored 10, had the most assists, and the best attitude of any player on the pitch bar Tevez. He linked up brilliantly with Carlos, and opposition teams HATED playing against him. If it hadn't been for Tevez's goals, Bellamy would have been our player of the season, No doubt about it.

2. I understand the manager has to have authority. But it has to be consistent. Mancini isn't showing strength here, he's showing exactly the same weakness we all criticized Hughes for. You can't let some players behave differently from others. Otherwise, nobody knows where they stand. Tevez speaks out against the training sessions, and he's made Club Captain. Bellamy speaks out, and he's forced out.

It's exactly what Hughes did. Robihno and Elano both behaved badly, but Hughes supported Robhino and scapegoated Elano. And exactly how did Robinho re-pay that loyalty? By taking the piss. Stand by for Tevez to do the same in the next 2 years.

Bellamy is an idiot, no question. But he's a great player. A vital player for us.

Mancini should have tried harder to work with him.If not, he should be consistent, and offload everyone who's ever criticized him publicly, (including Tevez, Robinho & Given).

That's a great post. You won't find many takers around here though...parallels between Hughes and Mancini are forbidden, as is anything deemed to be overly critical of him.

The fact is that Mancini arrived in the USA at the beginning of preseason knowing who he was going to keep, and who he wanted rid of. Those players who he wanted rid of were marginalized during the tour (Bellamy more than others). I actually don't have a problem with any of this, as it's the manager's prerogative.

As you say, it just smacks a little of double standards though for City to know be leaking stories to the press about just what a tough job poor City have had dealing with Crazy Craig and his terrible ways. Bellamy was never a liability on the pitch, and that's why he was picked over and over again by Mancini. Lets not forget that Bellers kept Robbie and SWP pretty much consistentlly out of the team. It stands to reason then that he would have something to say about being forced out the door after a season like the one he'd just had. And there's been plenty of players with plenty to say since Mancini took over and none of them have had the press briefed against them in the way that Bellamy has, none has been fined, and none scapegoated.

Oh, and a couple of other thoughts, just as an aside. Clubs can fine players, but what recourse do players have when their club is leaking totally false stories? And I vividly recall the invective flying around these parts directed at Hughes for trying to strengthen his power base as manager by briefing the press. The same tactic, now employed by Mancini, is practically being applauded.

Firstly, i love Bellamy's passion and workrate on the pitch and the way he gives his all. As a lot of people have already mentioned, he was easily our best player behind Teves last season, no one is questioning what he brings to the pitch. Also its not fair to label anyone thats tired of Bellamy's antics as a Mancini inner.

The whole point is a player cannot undermine the manager's authority at will and expect to be guaranteed a place in the team just because he works his socks off, teamwork its not 100% about working your socks off.

1. I dont think you can just forget about his knee or injury record and the fact he's 31. Its obvious the manager fancies young players which Bellers is not. Good job he linked up well with Teves but he needs to show the management a bit more respect.

2. I doubt the manager/management is being inconsistent here. When exactly did Given publicly criticize the manager, i must've missed that. Teves got told he can leave if he's not happy despite him being our best player, he's since stepped in line and he was made captain in our last match. Its not as you put it ''he criticized the manager and he was made captain'', that wasn't the sequence of events mate. Nedum stepped out of line with his Soccer AM antics and he's now out on loan despite him being blue through and through. Robinho wasn't allowed to hang around a manager he thought was tactically poor despite being our record signing, thats consistent enough. This is not a Hughes vs Mancini debate.

BillyShears said:
The fact is that Mancini arrived in the USA at the beginning of preseason knowing who he was going to keep, and who he wanted rid of. Those players who he wanted rid of were marginalized during the tour (Bellamy more than others). I actually don't have a problem with any of this, as it's the manager's prerogative.

Ireland played in more preseason games than any other outfield player. Marginalised, indeed.

Bellamy played less, but with his knees, I am surprised anyone expected him to run for 270 minutes a week coming back from a long holiday.

I think Mancini was very honest saying he was still undecided on Bellamy and Ireland a few weeks back - maybe too honest. I would've said they're not going anywhere as long as they perform as well as they can. If anything, it would have at least put their market values a bit further up.

But nothing was decided then, about Bellamy or Ireland. I will disregard pretty much anything Bellamy will say about being 'ousted' from City because with his recent comments - after not being guaranteed a place (as no-one should) - he's opened the door and shown him out himself.

Ireland, perhaps has more of a point in not being wanted in City, if he was indeed offered in exchange for Milner. But that's another story.

BobKowalski said:
YourBirdCanSing said:

Some good points but overlooks the fact that Mancini called Tevez out publicly shortly after being confirmed in the job with his 'if players are unhappy it is best they should leave' call which was directly aimed at Tevez. Tevez looked at his options and promptly got into line. You only have to read the puff piece from Tevez the other week about how Mancini 'has improved him as a player' to know that Tevez is reading from the authorised text.

As for Robbie it took Mancini what 4 weeks to fuck him off to Brazil? You are right about Hughes being poorly repaid for his loyalty and Mancini wasn't stupid enough to suffer the same fate and nothing says f**k off like being made to play at Scunthorpe with the rest of the B team.

Mancini is consistent and was very clear that this season it was going to be a tough environment so those that didn't like it or him could examine their options and ship out.

Bellamy and Ireland were different in that they would be happy to knuckle down and stay. Trouble is Mancini doesn't want them and unlike last season when he needed Bellamy and played him with the new additions he doesn't need Bellamy so wants him moved on. Which happens. Bellamy being Bellamy decided to burn his bridges something which City no doubt where waiting to happen and will now ship him out like a bad smell.

I agree with a lot of that. And since that press conference, Tevez did settle down a lot, you're right.

But why is Robinho in the 23? Mancini was tough with him initially, but since arriving in Brazil, he's whined about City at every opportunity. So naming him as one of the 23 sends out the same signal as Hughes did: "It's zero tolerance, but in special cases, I'll let you off ..."

Likewise, where's the public statement to Given & Hart?: "I'm in charge, I pick the keeper, and you can BOTH find another club if you don't like it ..."

Bellamy's been made an example of for personal, not professional reasons. It's not that Mancini doesn't want him - it's that he doesn't like him. Bellamy he was the second best player in the team last season. Mancini was brought in to manage all the players, not only the ones he likes. It's identical to what Hughes did with Elano.

You're correct, we'll need Bellamy less this season. But we'll need him a lot more than we'll need Roque Santa Cruz or Michael Johnson for the first Europa league match.

This is a mistake, and a revealing one. It's not strength, it's weak management.

YourBirdCanSing said:
BobKowalski said:

I agree with a lot of that. And since that press conference, Tevez did settle down a lot, you're right.

But why is Robinho in the 23? Mancini was tough with him initially, but since arriving in Brazil, he's whined about City at every opportunity. So naming him as one of the 23 sends out the same signal as Hughes did: "It's zero tolerance, but in special cases, I'll let you off ..."

Likewise, where's the public statement to Given & Hart?: "I'm in charge, I pick the keeper, and you can BOTH find another club if you don't like it ..."

Bellamy's been made an example of for personal, not professional reasons. It's not that Mancini doesn't want him - it's that he doesn't like him. Bellamy he was the second best player in the team last season. Mancini was brought in to manage all the players, not only the ones he likes. It's identical to what Hughes did with Elano.

You're correct, we'll need Bellamy less this season. But we'll need him a lot more than we'll need Roque Santa Cruz or Michael Johnson for the first Europa league match.

This is a mistake, and a revealing one. It's not strength, it's weak management.
Mancini did not go out to clear the topic on hard and given. why should he do different when it comes to bellamy? i dont think he has decided yet.

And no other player at this club has treated the fans,club and the boss like Bellamy has. hes gone to far. and i hope he never play for city again.

YourBirdCanSing said:
BobKowalski said:

We can't rationally leave robinho out of the 25............ firstly there are no takers for the signature, least not in the ball park we're looking at,, so we either put him in the reserves which would just cause untold amounts of abuse from all quarters or we try and get his head straight so we can claw back an acceptable transfer fee / a player who wants to stay -god forbid.

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
YourBirdCanSing said:

We can't rationally leave robinho out of the 25............ firstly there are no takers for the signature, least not in the ball park we're looking at,, so we either put him in the reserves which would just cause untold amounts of abuse from all quarters or we try and get his head straight so we can claw back an acceptable transfer fee / a player who wants to stay -god forbid.

So why not do the same with Bellamy? Who'll actually try when he's on the pitch? Sorry, but that's not the reason Robinho's in, and Bellamy's out.

Mancini just doesn't like Bellamy, and that's not a good enough reason to lose one of our best players. Really feel like this could be one of those 'defining mistakes' for Mancini.

YourBirdCanSing said:
Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:

So why not do the same with Bellamy? Who'll actually try when he's on the pitch? Sorry, but that's not the reason Robinho's in, and Bellamy's out.

Mancini just doesn't like Bellamy, and that's not a good enough reason to lose one of our best players. Really feel like this could be one of those 'defining mistakes' for Mancini.
I dont think Mancini had anything against Bellamy, until he started to act like a TWAT, i were Mancini i would have put him in the reserves long time ago, i would never accept of being treated like that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.