Bellamy on Radio 5 Live now

football fans are idiots alright.

anyone who runs around a bit becomes an untouchable hero, who can do no wrong.

What did you think of him when he played for us?

To be honest Dave I appreciated his talent on the pitch, I admired his charitable work off the pitch but to be totally honest I thought, and still think he has traits in his personality with which I dislike, alot! That isn't based on me knowing the guy personally or ever having spoken to him, but having watched his career since he was sent off as a kid against City then allegedly spitting at Kinky and other unpleasant events that have followed him from club to club then I can honestly say as a footballer I rate him, as a man not so much. This interview doesn't change my mind in any way. If he returned to play for us then again I would be happy to have a talented player on the team sheet but there isn't any realistic prospect of that so it's time to move on. Seems he isn't doing so.

Lancet Fluke said:
Didsbury Dave said:
It's true, mate.

I didn't rate Tevez when he arrived and I couldn't have been more wrong.

But changing your mind based on evidence is common sense, not fickleness.

It's what I sad before, it's the fact that he's suddenly public enemy number one quite simply because he dooesn't play for us any more which tickles me. Just as he was before he joined us too.

That's fickle!

Dave, most people on here recognise that he is still a very good footballer and recognise that he played well for us. He isn't public enemy number one simply because he no longer plays for us but because he couldn't keep his mouth shut and work with the manager and that in turn has seen a valuable player have to leave the club. If you honestly think that people are annoyed at him just because he is no longer at the club and not because of the things he has said and done then perhaps it is you who is stupid because you just dismiss opinions that differ from yours and do not make an effort to understand why people have that opinion.

Mate, because of the reasonable replies by you and Auction, I'm going to go on another PCand listen to the interview now. I'll comment after.

dave_blue12 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
What did you think of him when he played for us?

He was clearly a cock but he was our cock. I certainly wouldn't want to spend any time with him City player or not !
^^That. I've always thought he was a cock and an average footballer. After he came to us he had a spell where he played better than I was expecting followed by a spell where he was next to useless. He's still a cock.

Chick Counterfly said:

Nothing to do with his 10 goals and 10 assists last season then? Combine that with his never say die attitude, and I'd say yeah, he was a damn good player for us.

Maybe it's the folk who can't see past his "running round a bit" who are the idiots...

Can't fault him on the pitch but having met him on more than a few occasions he leaves a lot to be desired as a person, not a nice bloke at all & his best mate & best man at his wedding was a horrible c*nt called Dai Bishop.

Bluemoon115 said:
Chick Counterfly said:

Nothing to do with his 10 goals and 10 assists last season then? Combine that with his never say die attitude, and I'd say yeah, he was a damn good player for us.

Maybe it's the folk who can't see past his "running round a bit" who are the idiots...

I know he did more than run around :)

I was just making a point... not particularly about Craig, who did well enough on the pitch for us. It's all very well saying, fans are idiots for criticising players who take the a different side... but fans are idiots in every direction imaginable.

Are not allowed to point out, that as a rule, players do not dictate their own training sessions? Imagine if one of the Brazillians had insisted on that. That's kind of what I'm getting at.

Chick Counterfly said:
Bluemoon115 said:

I know he did more than run around :)

I was just making a point... not particularly about Craig, who did well enough on the pitch for us. It's all very well saying, fans are idiots for criticising players who take the a different side... but fans are idiots in every direction imaginable.

Are not allowed to point out, that as a rule, players do not dictate their own training sessions? Imagine if one of the Brazillians had insisted on that. That's kind of what I'm getting at.
It wasn't his head dictating the sessions though, it was his legs. He just couldn't cope with that, and even the physio agreed at the time (not that clown who posted shit on his twitter I should add).

At the end of the day, Bellamy put in some top not performances last season (I'll admit, he had a few bad ones as well), and then he was cast aside for no real reason. Of course he's bitter, anyone would be in that situation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.