Bellamy - Stalybridge

Was a favourite with me until the Spurs game when we lost 1-0 and he went off laughing with Twitcher thinking he was going to join them. I suggest he gives him a call,no future at City. We have a solid team group all working together.

Wish him well finding a new club and thanks for some good memories.

blue12 said:
forevermancity said:
Only mancini's stubbornness will stop bellamy from being here next season.

It would be wrong of Mancini to completely ignore bellamy now, he will be more effective than swp and Weiss on the wings as a sub and deserves a 2nd chance.

The way he conducts himself is class, ala the fulham game on sky.

If Mancini has Sanchez wrapped up then Bellamy will be gone, but if not Craig could be given a platform to shine again
U mention Sanchez why ?
Because we need someone on the right and our offer is still on the table

forevermancity said:
blue12 said:
forevermancity said:
Only mancini's stubbornness will stop bellamy from being here next season.

It would be wrong of Mancini to completely ignore bellamy now, he will be more effective than swp and Weiss on the wings as a sub and deserves a 2nd chance.

The way he conducts himself is class, ala the fulham game on sky.

If Mancini has Sanchez wrapped up then Bellamy will be gone, but if not Craig could be given a platform to shine again
U mention Sanchez why ?
Because we need someone on the right and our offer is still on the table
He's signing for barca let it go already..

With regards to the squad debate, Balotelli does not need to be included as he was under 21 as of the 1st of January in the year in which the season commenced so he is still classed as under 21 even though he'll be 21 when the season kicks off.

With regards to Bellamy, fair plays for him to apologise if he does so. I don't know what good it'll do him but he might be worth another chance if an apology is forthcoming. He's definitely good enough to be in the squad and bringing him on for the last twenty minutes to terrify defenders with tiring legs will be very effective. I'm backing the gaffer whatever he does though.

oakiecookie, you mentioned how reports from inside the camp have dried up which I agree with, but then you cite fights in the training as your example which I don't understand because Carrington is right next to a public footpath and all journos have to do is stand there and get a photo of said 'fight' (the kind of 'fight' all pros tell us happen every week in training up and down the country anyway) so can't blame those on Bellamy et al.

With regards to the squad debate, Balotelli does not need to be included as he was under 21 as of the 1st of January in the year in which the season commenced so he is still classed as under 21 even though he'll be 21 when the season kicks off.

Disagree

The rules

18.17 A player may be registered on List B if he is born on or after 1 January 1990
and has been eligible to play for the club concerned for any uninterrupted
period of two years since his 15th birthday by the time he is registered with
UEFA.

The important word is AND, if you check out last years Europa Squad he was on list A because although under 21 hadn't been with our club for 2 years. It will be the same for Savic.

Other people though may interpret these regs differently and if I am wrong I will apologise in advance.

Zero chance of bellamy playing for City whilst Mancini is our maneger, not more than a couple of weeks ago Bellamy was trying to pretend that their conflict was all Mancinis fault.

Top manegers want only loyal palyers in their squads, Bellamy had his chance and blew it, when we needed him to shine against the rags and spuds he was shit.

Watched Bellamy play last night, his behaviour was great and his attitude with the youth exemplary. However I'd be amazed if he were in the squad for a few simple reasons.
1, He will not apologise properly, and his recent comments with reference to pay, charity and Mancini will take an awful lot of sweeping under the carpet.
2, His attitude, his attitude towards training, other players, tactics are unlikely to change.
3, His personality will not fit easily into our current squad.
4, I very much expect us to sign 2-3 more players of higher quality and younger than Bellamy.
5, His position no longer really exists in our current systems, be it 4.1.2.2.1, 4.3.3. or 442.
6. Some are suggesting he would be great to bring off the bench or out wide, I agree but when in bellamy's career has he suggested that he would be happy with such a role?
7. Simply not good enough, fit enough or strong enough for the physical demands that our system/tactics would put on him.
8, Finally too old & too injured.

Please let him go gracefully, he's been an exciting part of our development, but time to move on.

Vastly overrated on the pitch and has made a career of being a twat off it, I wouldn't have him anywhere near the squad.

Rammyblues said:
Disagree

The rules

18.17 A player may be registered on List B if he is born on or after 1 January 1990
and has been eligible to play for the club concerned for any uninterrupted
period of two years since his 15th birthday by the time he is registered with
UEFA.

The important word is AND, if you check out last years Europa Squad he was on list A because although under 21 hadn't been with our club for 2 years. It will be the same for Savic.

Other people though may interpret these regs differently and if I am wrong I will apologise in advance.
My mistake, thought the discussion was about Premier League 25-man squad regs for which he does not have to be included. My apologies if it wasn't.

My mistake, thought the discussion was about Premier League 25-man squad regs for which he does not have to be included. My apologies if it wasn't.

No mate no need I haven't checked prem league rules so you could still be right on that, my argument though has always been the same that last year when we were in Europa League Bert made the squad the same for each, my argument is he will do the same this year and because CL rules are more stringent than prem league rules I have looked at getting our squad to fit them instead of more relaxed prem league rules.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.