Bellamy - Stalybridge

I'd have him back tomorrow. He'll not play that much, but passion for the game... Yes, he has it! He wants to win. He can help with the younger players. Definite yes - no debate from me

invisibleman92 said:
I went to the game last night and at the end of half-time Bellamy came over to speak to someone behind the goal. Looked like he was trying to explain himself to someone who had given him a bit of stick?

Just wondered what was being said? At one point he rubbed his fingers together as if he was talking about money...

Not sure what to think about him at the moment..

He was asking the fella next to him to fetch his 9 iron from the boot of his car the keys were in the changing room. He needed to sort someone out

Rammyblues said:
With regards to the squad debate, Balotelli does not need to be included as he was under 21 as of the 1st of January in the year in which the season commenced so he is still classed as under 21 even though he'll be 21 when the season kicks off.

Disagree

The rules

18.17 A player may be registered on List B if he is born on or after 1 January 1990
and has been eligible to play for the club concerned for any uninterrupted
period of two years since his 15th birthday by the time he is registered with
UEFA.

The important word is AND, if you check out last years Europa Squad he was on list A because although under 21 hadn't been with our club for 2 years. It will be the same for Savic.

Other people though may interpret these regs differently and if I am wrong I will apologise in advance.

Are you sure you'r not getting the under 21, and the homegrown criteria mixed up? Not saying you are, I don't know the rules myself, just wondering.

I'm not sure what Bellers actually needs to apologise for. Surely Bobby was in the wrong to insist that Bellers ignored his bespoke training programme which was designed to accommodate his knee problems. I was under the impression that the fall-out stemmed from this.

shame bellers and bobby dont get on. i like bellamy but mancini is the man we all need to get behind.

Mancini has rode out the storm of loaning out one of our best performing players and proved a point with it, the same thingss happened with Ned. I don't think he's likely to undo all that "work" and make peace with Bellamy. Bellamy's been made an example of and judging by the attitude of some of our younger players it's worked.

Barcon said:
Rammyblues said:
With regards to the squad debate, Balotelli does not need to be included as he was under 21 as of the 1st of January in the year in which the season commenced so he is still classed as under 21 even though he'll be 21 when the season kicks off.

Disagree

The rules

18.17 A player may be registered on List B if he is born on or after 1 January 1990
and has been eligible to play for the club concerned for any uninterrupted
period of two years since his 15th birthday by the time he is registered with
UEFA.

The important word is AND, if you check out last years Europa Squad he was on list A because although under 21 hadn't been with our club for 2 years. It will be the same for Savic.

Other people though may interpret these regs differently and if I am wrong I will apologise in advance.

Are you sure you'r not getting the under 21, and the homegrown criteria mixed up? Not saying you are, I don't know the rules myself, just wondering.

Ballotelli was not in the 25 last year, no one counts towards the 25 if under 21.

The home grown hting does not matter which club, as long as they played in a club under that FA for 3 years before they were 21, but that only applies to players 21+ if you want more than 17 players in your main 25 allowed.

Just a thought, I read recently that Joey Barton and another Newcastle player couldn't travel to the states due to previous convictions. I seem to recall Bellamy has been involved in one or two incidents in the past (outside a nightclub in Cardiff springs to mind),
He may well be a part of Bobby's plans but unable to get a visa due to past incidents

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.