Bellamy to Cardiff

Chick Counterfly said:
Braggster said:
Pandev did get his contract annulled-under Italian law. In other words it's a precedent of dubious value. Oh, and good luck getting a decision on a dispute of this nature from an English court in less than a year at a minimum...

it was a tribunal, just like it would be here. UEFA have special dispensation from the EU, they pass this on to the National Associations and Leagues. It could be challenged in a court of law, but I take you back to point 1, UEFA have special dispensation from the EU. Lotito didn't appeal.

I think we're okay though. Bellamy's situation is very different. He'll have a club to train and play with, it's the lack of this that constituted 'Sporting Just Cause' in Pandev's case.... and he was never branded a rebel or excluded, until he hanged himself in his interviews.
Fair enough, didn't know that (though I find it utterly absurd I must say). I'm quite confident an English court would accept jurisdiction (it's very difficult to completely contract out of the courts' jurisdiction), whether first instance or appellate, but obviously we won't be burning political bridges of that nature over a clapped out welshman...

It does mean the Pandev dispute is more relevant, but even so it's not an English precedent, so caveat avocat...and my memory of similar FA/PL hearings is that they're heavily influenced by and populated with people from the English legal system.

I really don't understand why so many of you are getting so wound up about Bellamy leaving. Yes, he's had a pretty good 18 months for us but if you look at his career 2 seasons or so is just about par for the course with Bellers before he falls out with a manager. Only Bobby Robson at Newcastle and Hughes at Blackburn and City have managed not to upset him too much. It was always a fair bet that his time at City would end in something like this. Time for both parties to move on.

He's not well liked in his home city but i bet that changes if he signs for them........for a little while anyway or until he starts playing up again.

alera said:
Yea I found it. Its not going to come to that hes being fucked off to Cardiff, Celtic or Fulham.

Also just because the Italian league agrees to it doent mean the prem and fa would.
Sounds like a legal minefield.

Makes you wonder why Mancini chose to take such a disruptive, horrible bastard on the pre season tour with the 1st team & tell everybody how well he was training doesn't it?

Perhaps he just wanted to wind him up?

Final chance ? SHop window ?

Played him 1st game, he was better than everybody bar Johnson , beat 2 men hit the bar, dropped him? Barely played him again? No final chance? No shop window?

If we sell him it shouldn't be for peanuts and if it is we should have a sell on clause.

We don't want Cardiff selling him to Spuds in Jan for 2 or 3 million more than they paid for him less than a couple of months before.

I'm a bit sad about Craig leaving as he's a cracking footballer.

The Game 77 said:
Its being reported that Spur's want to buy Bellamy for 2 MIllion!! are they taking the p**s or what i know he's over 30 and got bad knees but i would rather give him to cardiff than let them lot have him for that price

Anybody else getting the idea that 'Arry perhaps advised Bellamy to really kick up a fuss until City sell him to Spurs for a bag of Monster Munch?

Wales has a lot to offer someone like Bellamy
images

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.