Ben Chilwell

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by FantasyIreland, 28 Dec 2018.

1. mosssideblue

mosssideblue

Not ridiculous for them

2. Cheadle_hulmeBlue

Cheadle_hulmeBlue

b team player ? he'd go straight into the first team. hes been fantastic all season for leicester and hes young. if his name was chillwellino I'm sure you'd want us to buy him ;)

Bad Santa likes this.
  3. salfordbluetrue

salfordbluetrue

when he first broke into the team i though here`s a must buy an England first teamer for the next decade, he may well still be that but i do not see much improvement, and he certainly will not challenge [ if fit ] Mendy who is only slightly older

4. doobyedoobye

doobyedoobye

Prices for relatively unproven English potential are crazy high

5. mosssideblue

mosssideblue

Based on supply and demand not ability these days

salfordbluetrue likes this.
  6. Adebayor

Adebayor

Mendy is very overrated imo. He can’t defend and looks clueless when he has to - although he is fantastic in the opposition half, the best in the prem. We need a more we’ll rounded LB for certain opposition and maybe this is the guy

7. salfordbluetrue

salfordbluetrue

I always pick English players if it is even close but Mendy from Lyon and Ghoulam from Napoli both have been more impressive against us Dortmund have a player on loan from Real that is starting to make waves and Grimaldo is still available, and all these would be cheaper

8. Dr Jacoby

Dr Jacoby

Whilst he’s a good player, I think Mendy is better than him.

Moreover, Leicester will presumably want a figure close to what we paid for Mahrez, which is quite frankly preposterous.

If we are to target a young British full-back, I’d prefer to see us go after Wan-Bissaka. He’s a year younger than Chilwell and the brighter prospect of the two in my view.

9. Centurions

Centurions

Just to put this to bed (unless I screw it up) you can have a maximum of 25 in the squad plus the (pretty much unlimited) youth players, you don't have to have 25 of course.

Of those 25 a maximum of 4 can be counted as Club Trained, if you have 5 for instance then 1 would have to be counted as either one of the 4 Association Trained players or if you also have 4 of them (taking up the first 8 slots) then they would have to go on the open list of 17. So you could have 25 Club Trained players but only 4 count as such and the other 21 would fill the rest of the slots.

Just to be awkward if you don't have a full 25 then the numbers change slightly in terms of homegrown.

nottsco2-0 likes this.
  10. Barcon

Barcon

That makes more sense than the UEFA site mumbo jumbo. Cheers. Tbh, the only reason I checked the site it was because somebody came on here and said we couldn't sign another home grown player, which made no sense at all.