Ben Chilwell

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by FantasyIreland, 28 Dec 2018.

1. kun

kun

I bet you he'd back himself to make himself first choice.

2. Gordyola

Gordyola

Team supported:
    City of course
    He would get more than enough games, even if Mendy was fully fit all the time, to justify coming here He would get more exposure which would help his international chances.

Then there is the chance of winning trophies, working with the best coach in the world and playing for one of the biggest clubs in world football.

Or, he could stay at Leicester and realise that the season is over already in January, again

3. higgi1p

higgi1p

Indeed Leicester cup defeat may work in our favour, I also thought Zinchenko was again exposed yesterday

4. nmc

nmc

Agree re Zinchenko - poor lad isn’t a left back and he’s looking very exposed. Looks good further up the pitch. Not seen enough of Chilwell to comment but Leicester will want stupid money - which will be based on potential more than anything else. Transfer market is nuts but you’ll still get better value abroad. Final general point - might be worth doing or agreeing deals now - given post Brexit the pound could fall by circa 10 per cent which will increase the cost of deals with overseas clubs significantly.

5. Gordyola

Gordyola

Team supported:
    City of course
    Yes and Chilwell wasn't in the squad yesterday

6. Gremlin

Gremlin

Nether were a load of their first team players - and they are regretting that decision.

7. Exeter Blue I am here

Exeter Blue I am here

Can’t say as he was particularly impressive today. Whole Leicester defence was all over the place. Looked bang average

argyle likes this.
  8. Mr HJ

Mr HJ

I've looked at his performances closely since we were linked and I think as you say he's been very average at best for the last few games. Maybe he'd improve with our coaching, but he gives the ball away too much and his positioning leaves the centre backs exposed. Not for me, especially for the fees being banded about.

9. herrock

herrock

My thoughts were the same after watching him today, he gave the ball away a lot. Maybe just a bad day at the office because he has looked decent in other games.

10. richards30

richards30

Firpo is the boy for us.