Ben Chilwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because there are not many good ones who doesn`t play for us. Digne was awarded player of the season for Everton as well. Easily better than Chilwell

Well that’s that then. Player of the season for Everton. 100% better then. Everton were crap for the most of the season.

From what we can hear sounds like pep and the club disagree with you on that.

What's an excellent back? Is he World Class? Not yet. Is he good. Without a doubt.

By am the way I am simply examining the data.
I know your a fan of data/stats, but they do not present a black and white picture which you tend to suggest they do. As an experiment what would be your conclusion on a goalkeeper who faces 20 penalties and no goals are scored from them?

The day Zinchenko stops naively getting caught under the ball, misreading the flight of the ball and getting beaten with ease at the back post is the day he becomes our first choice LB. And I'm not having a go at the kid I think he's done admirably since stepping in and looks very good going forward but his weaknesses are clear and we still need another LB if Mendy is gonna be a sick note. Is Chilwell the answer? Maybe not but we need someone.
You have put it much better than I have been trying to

Ben Chilwell: “Pep [Guardiola] said he thought I was a really talented player and he wanted me to keep playing well, getting up and down the pitch and never going away from it. It was nice for such a successful manager to say I’m a good player.” [via @MirrorFootball]

“I’m at Leicester and with Brendan [Rodgers] coming in we’re all loving him being there and that’s obviously where my head’s at.”

Ben Chilwell: “Pep [Guardiola] said he thought I was a really talented player and he wanted me to keep playing well, getting up and down the pitch and never going away from it. It was nice for such a successful manager to say I’m a good player.” [via @MirrorFootball]

“I’m at Leicester and with Brendan [Rodgers] coming in we’re all loving him being there and that’s obviously where my head’s at.”

Interesting comments, Pep certainly seems to pass on advice to opposition players he likes. I think he needs to kick on again before we would make an offer. Brendan is probably a good manager for him and his development should be interesting.

I don't think anyone else is in for Chilwell this summer, are they?

IMO we should see how Mendy's fitness does this coming season. If he can finally get over the injuries, then we keep him. If not, sell and go after Chilwell.

Think next summer would be the earliest we'd be seriously consider signing him.

I don't think anyone else is in for Chilwell this summer, are they?

IMO we should see how Mendy's fitness does this coming season. If he can finally get over the injuries, then we keep him. If not, sell and go after Chilwell.

Think next summer would be the earliest we'd be seriously consider signing him.
The upcoming transfer ban might force City to make a bid in January I reckon.

I think this one will get done, Leicester want silly money, but I think a deal will be reached.

Brenda has got Kieran Tierney lined up as a cut price replacement

I think this one will get done, Leicester want silly money, but I think a deal will be reached.

Brenda has got Kieran Tierney lined up as a cut price replacement
That's what I struggle to understand. Imo, Tierney can be better than chilwell yet the dippers will get him for a song, likely £35-40m from reports I've seen to as to how Celtic value him, compared to what Chilwell will cost us.

It isn't like Liverpool are poor. They can pay high fees better than most

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.