Benat

AgüeroKun said:
Rorz88 said:
CTID101 said:
Really like the look of this guy, thought he played well v Madrid last week and took his goal well.

Has a great passing range and keeps the ball very well, defensively he looks OK as well although I haven't seen enough games to give a proper opinion. Will try and watch as many Betis games as I can now though.

--------Cavani-------
Silva----Aguero----Isco
----Benat----Yaya----

Fixed ;)

We'd get overrun in midfield with that. Need to drop one attacking player for a defensive one. Add De Rossi or De Jong and you're good.

No We wouldn't . Betis plays a midfield pretty much like the one in the formation above (a tough DMF + Benat) and they've done very well this season , they actually defeated RM with that midfield . Saying we would get overrun with that midfield is like saying Barca would get overrun because they play 2technical yet physically weak players (Xavi + Iniesta) and a DMF (Busquet) . Benat + Yaya in the Midfield would help us keep possession better and that's what determines the flow of play , That's how teams like Barca defeat their opponents despite the fact that they have "soft" midfielders . NDJ is gone and DDR is old and his performance is declining . We should rejuvenate the team with young hard working players not old men like DDR.

i♥city! said:
AgüeroKun said:
Rorz88 said:

We'd get overrun in midfield with that. Need to drop one attacking player for a defensive one. Add De Rossi or De Jong and you're good.

No We wouldn't . Betis plays a midfield pretty much like the one in the formation above (a tough DMF + Benat) and they've done very well this season , they actually defeated RM with that midfield . Saying we would get overrun with that midfield is like saying Barca would get overrun because they play 2 technical yet physically weak players (Xavi + Iniesta) and a DMF (Busquet) . Benat + Yaya in the Midfield would help us keep possession better and that's what determines the flow of play , That's how teams like Barca defeat their opponents despite the fact that they have "soft" midfielders . NDJ is gone and DDR is old and his performance is declining . We should rejuvenate the team with young hard working players not old men like DDR.

Yaya isn't a touch DMF, he's a CM who bursts forward. I haven't seen him make fine tackles this season at all. Most of the time it's our Centre backs that win the ball and when they pass it to Yaya he hardly loses possession. Furthermore Yaya is simply overplayed and is too tired for every match, IMO if we did sign Beñat Mancini would rotate him with Yaya so he could get some rest for the big games.

Mate I wasn't suggesting that we actually BUY DDR I was just saying that he'd be a good option to have as a touch DMF.

<a class="postlink" href="http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2012/12/12/primera/1355274252_696269.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2012/12/12/ ... 96269.html</a>

The Manchester City meditates Beñat pay clause
Is 20 million and Mancini as he looks half. Gordillo: "We want to continue with us, but if you pay your clause ...". Again with the renewal of the Basque

The fans still waiting eagerly verdiblanca the news Beñat renewal, but within the Betis begins to suspect that the Basques could have a more or less immediate future far from Heliopolis. His buyout clause of 20 million is far less prohibitive, especially for occasional mastodon English midfielder has spied the case of Manchester City's Sheikh Al-Mansour. AS has been told, the English club has to Basque in their agenda and that costs money is no object. Your agents also have very good connections with the English game. The Premier then becomes possible fate.

And the arrival of the sports management Begiristain of Citizens has made the Spanish market is a priority. Much has been of interest in the malaguista Isco, but the celestial own coach, Roberto Mancini, has been commissioned to remember that what you're looking for Eleven is a soccer player who plays more delayed. An organizer of guarantees to give continuity to the ball and can be associated with the two quality midfielders you have, the French and Spanish Nasri Silva.

"We want Beñat continue with us, but if you pay your clause can not do anything", acknowledged yesterday Rafael Gordillo himself, in a clear sign of how this happened to think the Council Betis.

Much interest in the Premier

The City's not the only interest in the Premier Beñat, for it is common to see English teams scouts in the stands of both Villamarín and in matches that Betis played away from home. The English press speak of Liverpool and Arsenal in recent days, but one of the clubs most capped spied site is the Basque midfielder Newcastle, who wants to take a leap in quality to aim for Champions. Benitez Chelsea, who just lesionársele the Spanish Oriol Romeu, has also been linked to footballer Betis.

i♥city! said:
AgüeroKun said:
Rorz88 said:

No We wouldn't . Betis plays a midfield pretty much like the one in the formation above (a tough DMF + Benat) and they've done very well this season , they actually defeated RM with that midfield . Saying we would get overrun with that midfield is like saying Barca would get overrun because they play 2technical yet physically weak players (Xavi + Iniesta) and a DMF (Busquet) . Benat + Yaya in the Midfield would help us keep possession better and that's what determines the flow of play , That's how teams like Barca defeat their opponents despite the fact that they have "soft" midfielders . NDJ is gone and DDR is old and his performance is declining . We should rejuvenate the team with young hard working players not old men like DDR.

No chance we would get overun, Yaya and Benat, breaking up the play, a bit like barry and yaya do now, Silva Isco and Aguero getting the ball from midfield and making things happen, supplying service into cavani, Tevez, Dzeko or whoever it is up top. We then have Nasri to come on, Barry to replace benat or yaya, Milner to come on to either sure up the midfield or give us creativety. Rodwell or Garcia would maybe have to make way, i dont know.

i would actually rather play Milner than Nasri at the moment. Benat supplying Silva, Isco, Aguero sounds like a dream though

AgüeroKun said:
i♥city! said:
AgüeroKun said:

No We wouldn't . Betis plays a midfield pretty much like the one in the formation above (a tough DMF + Benat) and they've done very well this season , they actually defeated RM with that midfield . Saying we would get overrun with that midfield is like saying Barca would get overrun because they play 2 technical yet physically weak players (Xavi + Iniesta) and a DMF (Busquet) . Benat + Yaya in the Midfield would help us keep possession better and that's what determines the flow of play , That's how teams like Barca defeat their opponents despite the fact that they have "soft" midfielders . NDJ is gone and DDR is old and his performance is declining . We should rejuvenate the team with young hard working players not old men like DDR.

Yaya isn't a touch DMF, he's a CM who bursts forward. I haven't seen him make fine tackles this season at all. Most of the time it's our Centre backs that win the ball and when they pass it to Yaya he hardly loses possession. Furthermore Yaya is simply overplayed and is too tired for every match, IMO if we did sign Beñat Mancini would rotate him with Yaya so he could get some rest for the big games.

Mate I wasn't suggesting that we actually BUY DDR I was just saying that he'd be a good option to have as a touch DMF.

He is a defensive midfield(Barça & Monaco). Mancini moved him forward but he is not and never will be a creative player like Beñat or Xavi.
De Jong was a defensive mid, Javi García, Barry and Rodwell are DMFs too. Mancini spent a lot of millions but the team still lacks an "organizador"(the way we called players like Xavi, Beñat or Pirlo in Spain).

I can't understand why a lot of british fans are afraid of this kind of players(the ones who CAN play football). Defending is not only about being tall, fast and strong, I would say is not even the most important. Stay strong as a team, move together, cover the gaps, keep the ball are defensive duties too.

I would say that one of the main problems City has in the champions league is about how the team defend. Tactically, we are a poor team still. Our team can only defend putting a lof of players behind the ball in a small portion of the pitch, and this is enough for the premierleague games but not against euro big teams.

Would anybody else prefer Eriksen? Heard he snubbed a new deal at Ajax. Bet he's gettable for 20mill

Eriksen Yaya

Silva Tevez Isco

Aguero

Maybe a litte too offensive for RM'S liking, But look at that team!!

In Txiki We Trust

I stopped following La Liga for a number of seasons now (par the occasional classicos!); slowly returning to watch some games as possible this season (Barca & Deportivo!).

From members' comments; Benat seems a very good deep-lying playmaker. Anyone can please compare his style to another known player?

Also, what about Dortmund's Gundogan as an alternative?

I noticed him last season when I was watching a Dortmund's match. Not sure what is his best position, but is he worth to be considered??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.