Benjamin Mendy - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
People seem to be forgetting that just because he's only played left back so far, he is still a midfielder. He'll get games, especially if Delph and Gundogan leave.
I agree, I wonder if he could potentially be a replacement/alternate for Fernandinho. He is very comfortable on the ball, good in the tackle and is a very good passer.

who would buy him though with his injury record and wages?

PSG or Real (if Marcelo goes to Juve) could be possible destinations. Doubt we'd be able to recoup what we paid for him, but a loan is a possibility. I don't think he'll be here next season though.

PSG or Real (if Marcelo goes to Juve) could be possible destinations. Doubt we'd be able to recoup what we paid for him, but a loan is a possibility. I don't think he'll be here next season though.
I'd give him one more season to see if he can overcome his injuries, it would be such a shame if it doesn't work out because he clearly has world class potential.

I'd give him one more season to see if he can overcome his injuries, it would be such a shame if it doesn't work out because he clearly has world class potential.

Have to agree with this - its been terribly bad luck on the guy, and I'm sure there is thinking not to risk him again this season, just keep working and strengthening and then he'll be like a new signing in the summer.
One thing we must consider too, despite his jovial and happy-go lucky nature on social media, this extended period of not playing must be really tough mentally on him.

He is the player that will be like a new signing. That tag is Mendy himself.

He could still be awesome for us. I recon that will depend on him getting his pace back (without pace, he's no better than Zinchenko). But full fitness, full pace, he adds another level to our attack.

It has to be said though, that so far, he's been a complete waste of money.

Not his fault, but true all the same.

A hallmark of players who have succeeded with us is work ethic and discipline. Nothing really points to Mendy having either.

A hallmark of players who have succeeded with us is work ethic and discipline. Nothing really points to Mendy having either.
Nothing points to him not having either of these either hes literally played so little its hard to tell. His injury's would be the only thing that could be his undoing.

Cant see the club giving up on a near 50 million full back so easily. PSG may be an option but would they want someone with his injury record i'm not so sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.