Benjamin Mendy - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still find it baffling that any City fan is quick to write-off any of our players given Pep's clear and obvious talent at getting the best out of them with a little time.

This baffles me too. It seems as though there has to be one or two players at any one time that have to be doubted and given the appropriate shit. Given some of the rubbish we have endured over the years I must say I do struggle to understand how Sane, Bernado (lol), Sterling, and of course the donkey that was Fabien Delph amongst have all apparently been shite. Baffling.

Mendy had never played in a 3-5-2 before joining City. So please don't come out with this "he can only play as a wingback" rubbish because Pep decided to spend £52m before he'd ever even played that role. He was the best LB in europe playing in a 4 for Monaco.

Calm down mate. Never said what you've been quoting.
Before you talk about rubbish think again about defensive qualities needed in PL compared to Ligue 1.
Did someone hack your account?

It's common sense that you can only play 3-5-2 when you have good enough wingbacks.
That's exactly what Mendy is. At least in Pep's plans to have 3-5-2 as an option depending on the opponent.
He came in when City had to invent more strategies to break down deep sitting doubledeckers.

We have already been playing 3-5-2 vs Hudds, Wolves and Newcastle this season.

This baffles me too. It seems as though there has to be one or two players at any one time that have to be doubted and given the appropriate shit. Given some of the rubbish we have endured over the years I must say I do struggle to understand how Sane, Bernado (lol), Sterling, and of course the donkey that was Fabien Delph amongst have all apparently been shite. Baffling.

Don't forget David Silva was finished 18 months ago.
With Mendys physical attributes and age, he should hopefully be a world beater in 2 years.

Gave him shit for performing poorly at Spurs and against Southampton but he played well against United. Strong in the tackle and read the game well too. Mahrez and Sane are our worst two "defenders" and Mendy tends to have one of those to cover. I like the variation Zinchenko gives us by slotting into a DM position but Mendy gives such great width and allows the winger to drift or run in behind and play the triangle with Silva/Bernardo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.