Benjamin Mendy - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the OS....

https://www.mancity.com/news/first-...city-benjamin-mendy-injury-news-latest-france

Manchester City can confirm that Benjamin Mendy has undergone surgery on his left knee tonight.

The Frenchman, who played the full 90 minutes in the weekend’s 3-1 win over rivals Manchester United, travelled to join up with his national team before withdrawing from the squad.

The 24-year-old defender attended Dr. Cugat’s clinic in Barcelona where scans revealed that surgery was required.

That surgery was conducted on Wednesday evening and everyone at Manchester City wishes Benjamin a speedy recovery.

I've had the same op in 2013 when I was 38.
I was back running within a month,
considering Mendy is a pro footballer and in better shape than me I don't think it will be more than a month.
Kristof Terreur said Courtois had a similar operation and was out for 10 weeks, then again I guess the scale of the injury or just simply the rehabilitation process can differ.

Very disappointing news this - that said Mendy has not been playing well this season and making too many errors.
I do wonder long term whether he was the right choice to splash out £60 million 2 years ago.
He has barely played for us and had 2 major injuries, yes he is a very vibrant character but if he can't get on the pitch then what's the point?

Do rate mendy as a player but think he needs a long run of games to get into a groove and the pep system. Unfortunately in the 18 months he has been at city he hasn’t managed to stay fit. Just hope we haven’t signed a crock.

Heard a rumour that we're in for a new LB in the summer. Doesn't sound too promising that. Not sure if that's cos of Mendy or whatever, but yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.