Benjamin Mendy - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
What fee can we get for him? I dont think top clubs in Europe would splash the cash on him they most likely have better LB than Mendy.
PSg would not touch him, while Lyon, Marseille dont really have the financials imo to bring him home.

Can we get 20m for him? Would the clubs that would pay this be able to afford his salary?

After years of Clichy and Kolarov, we spent big on LB and its a flop.

Seriously I would cash in on Mendy+Zinchenko and get a good LB and have Angelino as a back up who is pretty good at Leipzig and knows how to play LB.
On Zinchenko we can make a profit for sure, 20m maybe we get for him, but Mendy will a be a financial loss either way. Sell him now instead when he has 1 year left on contract only (next summer).

Angelino thrives as a wing back. Had a good time when he moved to Leipzig on loan. He can deliver a good cross which we saw glimpses of while he was here. He may not want to return. Sending him on loan may have given him the impression that the club have more trust in a midfielder at LB than him. I like him as a player going forward.

With regards to Mendy, I think everyone is annoyed that they’ve never experienced the Monaco Mendy that was marauding down the left flank delivering good crosses. Injuries have taken their toll. Even if he was suspect, at least we’d be able to say he provides assists and is dangerous in attack’. He’s even lost that now. Regardless, he does look like a player that wants to succeed here. Didn’t even realise he was 26. In my head, he was still very young. That’s how much he’s missed so many games through injury.

Recently rewatched the first episode of our Amazon doc. Pep, Silva and Yaya all waxing lyrical about him. Apparently he was miles ahead of our 2nd choice target at left back too. Just looking at some of the clips they showed in his first few games and he’s an absolute shadow of the player he looked then. It’s a real shame how it’s turned out. Also incredible that we let him play on after he ruptured his ACL

Recently rewatched the first episode of our Amazon doc. Pep, Silva and Yaya all waxing lyrical about him. Apparently he was miles ahead of our 2nd choice target at left back too. Just looking at some of the clips they showed in his first few games and he’s an absolute shadow of the player he looked then. It’s a real shame how it’s turned out. Also incredible that we let him play on after he ruptured his ACL

He's only about 20 starts back from essentially two full seasons out. I think he's shown some very good performances since the restart and seems to be trusting his body more to make big overlapping runs.

He's not going anywhere, he's dropped a bunch of weight, is totally focused on is football and I think his crossing ability will return as he stops worrying about his knee getting through games or if he can make an overlapping run and more on just hitting the ball, hard, first time like he used to.

Do you just scour this site to look for any posts that you can reply to? 109,448 posts Kaz, come on, you’re better than that?
what do you mean? I read every thread because I have nothing else to do,i have an opinion,i reply to your ridiculously hateful posts to most players with stuff the players and pep have said,better the facts no?

I was one who advocated sticking by him in his difficult days. However, now he’s finally back to a reasonable fitness level and got plenty of games under his belt, I don’t feel he’ll ever have enough for a club with our aspirations.

Clumsy, shuffling gait. Hit and miss crossing ability. Low footballing IQ.

Likeable guy but that doesn’t swing it when push comes to shove,

He's only about 20 starts back from essentially two full seasons out. I think he's shown some very good performances since the restart and seems to be trusting his body more to make big overlapping runs.

He's not going anywhere, he's dropped a bunch of weight, is totally focused on is football and I think his crossing ability will return as he stops worrying about his knee getting through games or if he can make an overlapping run and more on just hitting the ball, hard, first time like he used to.
Yes, though relying on him to play 50/ 60 games right through from now until June would be a mistake we need a good rotation option that can play maybe 20 / 30 games probably when we want a more defensive minded left back. Think Ake can do that though.

I was one who advocated sticking by him in his difficult days. However, now he’s finally back to a reasonable fitness level and got plenty of games under his belt, I don’t feel he’ll ever have enough for a club with our aspirations.

Clumsy, shuffling gait. Hit and miss crossing ability. Low footballing IQ.

Likeable guy but that doesn’t swing it when push comes to shove,

He doesn't have a low footballing iq, that's nonsense. He's a very clever player especially in the final third. I'm pretty sure Pep described him as a genius a while back for his ability to see and time passes and crosses.

His concentration defensively has been inconsistent since returning but that's not the same thing.

Everything with Mendy is still there. You don't get bought by Guardiola or lauded by Bielsa if you have "low football iq", and timing a pass isn't something a knee injury can take away.

He just needs to get fit and stay fit for 6 months and he'll be Monaco Mendy again.

Last edited:
He doesn't have a low footballing iq, that's nonsense. He's a very clever player especially in the final third. I'm pretty sure Pep described him as a genius a while back for his ability to see and time passes and crosses.

His concentration defensively has been inconsistent since returning but that's not the same thing.

Everything with Mendy is still there. You don't get bought by Guardiola or lauded by Bielsa if you have "low football iq", and timing a pass isn't something a knee injury can take away.

He just needs to get fit and stay fit for 6 months and he'll be Monaco Mendy again.

Sorry mate but I see little evidence of MENSA material here.

And without knocking Pep’s abilities as a manager, his quotes are often the glibbest of the glib.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.